Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

okay still having issues with ovulation and opk's a few questions

First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So when I did get a positive on day 9 for a whole 3 hours you could obviously see the two lines. Now I am on the end of CD12 and there is no second line, not even a squinter. I don't think I have ever took an OPK and had no line.
I am testing still four times a day because I am scared to death to miss it. However my body says it is no where near O.

Any suggestions with the above info would be great.

Also I know this has been brought up before but until you are the one having issues it does not seem to be a huge deal, sad but true. How long can you keep the dewar and if you keep it longer does anyone know what the fee is? Also they guarantee it to stay frozen for one week right? Meaning 7 days or 5? I have no idea how to get nitrogen refilled in the dewar but if anyone does please let me know. I have found a few places that sale nitrogen items but it does not specify adding more. I am wondering if you have to remove the tank from the box because the instructions from NW say not to. I don't want to get in trouble, but I also don't want our donor vials to unthaw. We have very few left so they are precious not to mention expensive.

I never thought I would be a crazy loon when it came to be my turn but here I am going nuts. I have spent probably $70 on OPK's and that is buying them from amazon.
Does the second line ALWAYS show and get darker and darker before smiley? Or since I have no line do you think it is safe to test only once a day until I see a second line start to show again?

This darn clomid. It is so hard not to just say okay Cyndi go for it because she will be O'ing any day too. She is fertile myrtle.

Thanks for listenin and ANY AND ALL ADVISE is so so so welcome.
tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Usually I get nothing more than a squinter of a second line for most of the days leading up to O, until the day before, then I get a line about 1/2 way there, then viola, the next morning, 2nd morning urine, I will have my blazing positive second line and a smiley. Sometimes I got fade in over a few days but only a couple of times in the almost 2 years of constant OPK's. I wouldn't worry too much about missing it just yet - at only CD 12. I usually got my + on CD 15-16 when I took Clomid, once as early as day 12 and once as late as day 18. Try to relax and keep testing!! The stress will delay your O date, so do whatever you need to, in order to relax, relax, relax!! :-) easier said than done, I know!! Hope that helped a little... Best of luck!!

As far as the tank goes, I know some have gotten their tanks recharged at a local welding shop but I have never done that personally... hopefully you won't need to worry about that! :-)
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    Sorry I don't have any real answers as far as the opks go as my month was really screwy too...ughh...as for the dewar, I got it lfriday a week ago and when I sent it off this evening it was still super cold (all that cold air stuff blowing up) and the cane...I believe the paper that came with it said it could last 15 days if kept closed and upright but don't gaurantee that. I usually have 25-26 day cycles and had a positive cvs and smiley earlier in the week for just a few hours.it was negative...both of them...later that night. I used one vial...another the next day...and the very last one the third day. Then noticing my os still felt really open and curiosity got me....and wouldn't ya know it...another smiley with a temp dip on Sunday. I hope everything turns around for you and begins to make sense. I totally get it isn't as important...until its you and then its like...crap....now what??? Good luck to you....oh.....just wanted to mention my lines went from way dark to way gone...not even a squinter....to way positive again. Sorry I'm not much help there...
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hiya!

Northwest guarantees the tank for 7 full days after you get it, while noting that vials SHOULD stay frozen for up to 15. But if you need to keep it longer than 7, just call and let them know. They'll usually waive the fee if you explain that your cycle is just being wacky and you're not sure what to do yet.

If you think you need to refill it, ask Northwest for suggestions on local places. But if you think you missed your window, ship the tank back, and try again next month. We shipped a vial back on our first month - and the vial got there safe and sound, and I knew it didn't go to waste. That was such a relief, instead of worrying about refilling the tank.

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And PS, the fee is $15 a day.

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    footprintsfootprints Posts: 235
    edited November -1
    We kept the tank for 15 days once and it was still frozen. NW guarantees the tank for 7 days. Clomid always made me O 4-5 days later. Try to relax (this is easier said than done) because it can mess with O. Come on O and ttw!
    tt12ed52.aspx
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    If your body signs are saying that ovulation is still a few days away then I wouldn't worry about testing so often. I might still test twice a day, then move to the every four hours when you can tell your body is gearing up. For me, the lines on the smiley strips stay at a squinter line, then get obviously darker--that's when I start testing every four hours, and get the smiley in the next day or two. Good luck! Hang in there!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    First hope. Has your dr tested your progesterone levels to see if you are ovulating on the clomid dosage they prescibed you???

Reason is that it took us 3 monthsn to get the right dosage. That was 3 months that we took off to make sure I ovulated with that's dosage.

Before taking clomid I would get a surge on the line test but never a smiley.

Since I started clomid I now get a smiley!!

Your body produces the lh surge ever cycle but it doesn't mean you are truly ovulating.

I wish you good luck.

Clomid can delay your O by a couple days on either side.

Stay positive and I hope it all works out.

Ps sorry for any spelling errors, I'm on my phone.!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited March 2011
    Thanks everyone!
    @lovingmoms, I am not going through a DR.. I know risky but in my situation I gave up on Dr's years ago. Every time I saw a Dr. regarding getting pregnant it always required a surgery prior. I only have on ovary left and I am just going for it. Just trying these two months and if no luck then my DP which handles this TTC thing sooooo much better than myself will try again. She was lucky and had first time luck with Xander so hopefully if I can't get my BFP she will soon. We only have 7 vials left so I can only justify using four for myself.
    I did get my smiley without clomid, but because of my reproductive history or lack there of I started clomid. 100 mg this cycle, next month I will do 150mg.
    I appreciate all the support girls!
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg