Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Just popping in with a TWW question

korinnesmomkorinnesmom Posts: 88
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi- Most of you here probably don't know me but I have been a member of NW for 5 years now.

I am now back in the TTC saddle, 4 dpo on my tww...

It's been so long since I have experienced a tww with iui (against every odd, I got pregnant with my DS by my husband who has major male factor fertility issues, looks like that's but a one time miracle, sadly) that I have some questions..

Does anyone know if their bust ttc "symptoms" (non pregnant) are the same or similar to their successful tww "symptoms", or drastically different?

If a difference, how so? I am just not feeling really positive at this point...:(
Korinne Thanks #4000
kinnycollage.jpg
Sky, a natural miracle!
skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012

Comments

• Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    For me they were pretty much the same, though I "felt" totally different (mentally) this go round. I have a day by day "diary" like thing going on comparing symptoms in the Train of Hope, feel free to look at it!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    ^^Thanks : ) It's always helpful to look at a day by day diary.

I was always afraid to do one out of fear of "jinxing" myself, lol!

ETA: One thing that's a major sign of impending AF for me is major sore nipples, irritability, and bloating. All of which I now have. I have suffered PMS really bad since I entered my 30's. Is this a sure sign of a bust here?
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    I think there are always TWW symptoms. But looking back at my TWW of my 2 successful TWWs there were a couple symptoms that were definitely different for me that let me know it was a success (although I was afraid to admit it until I saw the +HPT) My boobs never ever get sore so as soon as they do I KNOW it worked. Heartburn is my 2nd for sure sign.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah^^ that was my sure sign of a success, the boobs weren't hurting like 1-2 dpo, and when they did get a little sore, it was barely noticable, now that I think about it.

Sadly, like 2dpo this cycle..sure enough, raging boob pain! Aughh, onto plans for next month. Hope donor #4000 still has available vials...
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    I don't have a success story but wanted to hear what others had to say. The boob soreness won't be a sign for me as they always hurt after O.

Just chimming in...Goobie I just read your Train of Hope symptoms...I have some similar symptoms, today I am 5DPO, legs are killing me which is very odd for me. Legs only hurt when AF is coming and not all the times so today at 5DPO is a new thing.
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    A&B, you are on the same day as I am! I have a couple of things that are making me hopeful...the first is that my boobs actually DON'T hurt! Last month when I went in for my IUI, they were actually already starting to get sore, and they are normally sore by now, for sure. Second, I have this weird feeling in my uterus...it's like little pinging sensations that I have never had before...

Now, that being said, it could be the fact that this was my first month on Clomid....grrrr....I can't take it!! I don't want to ignore this, but I am so scared to be optimistic!

So, do you girls have a "gut feeling" either way at 5 DPO? Is it logical to??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It's never too late or early for "gut feeling". Some of us are better with these feelings than other : )

Here @ 4dpo, however, it's the boob pain that gave it away that it's a bust.

Looking back I realized in my successful cycles, that there is little to no pain there, and if I do get the pain, it's later on in the tww, not right after iui like now and all my other bust cycles.

Guess this thread only reitterated my feeling that it did not work this month... Onto next month plans...
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    Korinne-Don't give up, way to early for that. Our bodies react so different each time. This could be a good sign and get your BFP! Hugs girl and keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    ncteacher - this cycle I KNEW by 5DPO... kept trying to talk myself out of it, but I just knew this cycle was the one. My biggest tip off was two things actually... one my boobs were not sore (but they sure are now!) and the second was I stopped saying "please let this be the month" and started praying that the babe was safe and sticky... did it unconciously and it shook me the first time I realized what I was doing... it was around 5 DPO and by then I was just pretty darn sure!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    sugar&spice4mesugar&spice4me Posts: 28
    edited November -1
    There's still hope.Wishing you all the luck in world!
    3rh1wdetf.png
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Don't give up!
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    I was bloated after my successful IUI,, so you might get your BFP. Also, I really felt like that cycle didn't work,,, and I was really surprised when I got my BFP!!
    Hang in there and FX that on 14dpo you get your BFP!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your support ladies!

Though there is a completely new set of you since I first TTC 4 and 5 years ago, still love the info and support that still remains here : )
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ^^Thanks : ) It's always helpful to look at a day by day diary.

I was always afraid to do one out of fear of "jinxing" myself, lol!

ETA: One thing that's a major sign of impending AF for me is major sore nipples, irritability, and bloating. All of which I now have. I have suffered PMS really bad since I entered my 30's. Is this a sure sign of a bust here?

Actually for me the more PMS symptoms I have seems to mean the better/stronger ovulation. I don't ovulate on my own and even sometimes when I was on Clomid I wouldn't have a strong ovulation but when I did have a strong ovulation the PMS symptoms were more. I also read the Fertility Foods book and it says in there that women that have very little to no PMS symptoms (now I know everyone is different) actually may have very weak ovulations or may not be ovulating at all.

Good luck to you, your kids are beautiful!

Thanks!!!
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    we tried for 4 months and got our bfp try #4. i had SO many symptoms the BFN cycles. the cycle i got my bfp, i had no bb soreness or nausea or anything like that. but i was SO moody. that was really the only symptom. i usually get moody before my period but this started way too early and i was really in a funk. definitely to the point that i thought i might see a second line that month....and i did!

good luck!
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months