Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

vial usage!

hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
i am wondering how many vials you should use for each insemination? i was planning to buy and store 3 for my first insemination. but i read that someone got a BFP using just 1 vial. and if i store 3 and use 1 per insemination i have enough for 3! and suggestions or thoughts??
2qwlfcx.jpg
ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!

Comments

• Options
    mknbaby2mknbaby2 Posts: 405
    edited November -1
    Yes, you most deffinately can get pregnant with one. But if you use more than one you can cover a larger window just incase your timing isn't perfect. The choice is really up to you. I got my BFP on the first try using two vials. Now I'm trying for #2. I used only one vail in Jan and one in Feb BFN! I'm going to use two this time and hope for the best!
    P1050420-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh okayy cool! thanks for the advice! maybe ill order 3 and try 1 the first found and then try 2 the second round if the first doesnt work.did you do home insem? because thats what we are planning
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    mknbaby2mknbaby2 Posts: 405
    edited November -1
    Yes, I did a home insem. We used two IUI vials (only ones available for our donor). One at Positive OPK and the other at 18-20 hours after pos OPK. We did not do an IUI though, we used the cath and put them up as close to the cervix as possible but not in! I think we are going to try the same timing again but I'm not sure. Hope that helps :)
    P1050420-1.jpg
  • Options
    kyhome123kyhome123 Posts: 93
    edited November -1
    I got three and am unsure when I'm going to insem. I was thinking 12, 24 and 36 hours but now I am thinking of doing it closer to smiley. I decided to do 3 this time and then next time I might do 2. The shipping is so high that I wanted to give myself the best chance the first month.
  • Options
    2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We did 4 cycles total. For the 3 BFN cycles we used 2-3 vials. For our BFP cycle (a new donor) we used 4 vials at home. It all just depends on how well you know your body.
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thank you for all the great advice! and yesss the shipping is high! the whole process is expensive so i would like to get more bang for my buck! i was thinking of doing it when i get the smiley and if i chose to use more than 1 then maybe 12-20 hrs later. im not sure! this is sooo confusing and stressful lol
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    KNSKNS Posts: 399
    edited November -1
    I saw the title of this thread and my first thought was "Oh ma gawd! Someone is making crafts out of used vials!!!!"

Other than that I have no useful input. Carry on.............
    Karen
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think thats where we went wrong. After reviewing DP's BBT charts we noticed that she was ovulating 36-48 hours after her smiley. So our vials that we used at her smiley or at the 12/24 hour mark were wasted so I really think that BBT helped us A LOT! Good luck though.
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    so what does the smiley mean?? does that mean you are ovulating or your about to ovulate???? im confused!!! i think im going shopping to get all the supplies i need and start charting and temping now because by august i want to have this down and welllll understood lol
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A smiley means that you should be ovulating in the next 24-48 hrs I believe.
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh ok i see!!!so now i understand why temping is so important!!! thank you!!!
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    When we did our first insem, we used 2 vials. When we got our first smiley we went crazy ans did our first insem 4 hrs after and then the next one 4 hrs after that! I felt strong O pains almost 24 hours after the smiley. So, on our next try, we only orderd 1 vial and did it almost 18 hrs after smiley. We kept doing the smiley every 2 hours after we got our first one, to just try to get a better idea of when to start counting. So, that 2nd try was our BFP, but we are also 1st timers, so I don't know if this helps or not. The next we we do it, we will prob stick with one vial just b/c we seemed to be more serious with our timing!! If that makes any sense!! Good luck to you!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • Options
    miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    Oh, btw, if you want to buy smileys, I highly HIGHLY suggest amazon! Much cheaper than stores! Oh and we didnt temp either, some people are really for it, but it didn't work well for us. Up until the actual first try, we only used the strips that you dip in urine to catch ovulation, just to keep costs down.
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh wow okayy thats great! i think i will try that! i really dont want to spend an arm and a leg on this particularly with finances being close right now. and dont get me wrong we will be able to afford a baby but the process getting there i dont want to be too steep. some people think if you cant afford the process dont have a baby lol so i wanted to clarify. anyway i think thats a good method. i have noticed a lot of people say they get o pains. unless im just not paying attention i dont feel pain and i have never paid attention to EWCM.but i have a calendar on my phone that tracks my ovulation. so maybe i will check my cervix and cm when the calendar says im o'ing.
    2qwlfcx.jpg