Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Insem'ing for the 1st time in April

JaisJais Posts: 384
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I don't use the opk's at least not yet but I have noticed that I get the EWCM for 3 days....the day before the O pains, the day of my O pains and a little the day after. So should I insem when I first get the EWCM, the day of the O pains and then the day after?

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    Really the best way to detect your surge is the opks. You body will give you other signs, but you need to know when that LH surge hits...
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I would highly recommend the OPK's and I'd use them this month to try and get an idea of when you get your LH surge and time your insems in April after that. Many women get the EWCM days before and days after O so it really isn't a great indication as to your exact O timing.

You want to do insems as close to or just prior to ovulation as possible. Especially in using frozen sperm, since its lifespan is so much shorter than live sperm. Depending on how many vials you are using for your insem, most women O 24-48hrs post +OPK. So popular timing begins around 12hrs past +OPK (though some O very close to +OPK so they may do the first insem as soon as they get the +) and onward (say doing second/third insems at 24hrs, 30hrs, etc.)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png