Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Trying to conceive with fertility drugs

STAR118STAR118 Posts: 17
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone here used unprescribed clomid to get BFP. If so what were some reliable sites? Clomid is now not covered by my new insurance which is a bummer. Can someone please help me?

Comments

• Options
    A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    I don't have an answer but wondered the same thing. Glad you asked. Hope someone can help us.
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    U used medsmex before but I am looking for another site. I hope someone does answer and soon! lol
  • Options
    rktink13rktink13 Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    I did let me find the webiste and I will let you know. When I ordered it came as Clomiphene and came from Mexico but used 50mg and got my BFP with it the first time. I will get back to you asap after I find the site. I noticed it dissapeared so I dont know if its still up anymore.
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://buynaturalbathproducts.com/
    Try this site becaue the one I used is no longer running.
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was told that it was a legit one to order from.

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Awsome! Thank you, I will order if this is not our month.
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    lilacpyramidlilacpyramid Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    I don't have a BFP yet but have ordered online twice. The 1st time I used mexicanpharmacy.com.mx and everything arrived as ordered. I paid extra for the brand name but still got generic. I paid around $90, including shipping, for a 3 month supply of Clomid (100 mg dose).

I recently ordered from alldaychemist.com and they were much cheaper. I got a 4 months of Clomid (generic) and 4 months of Femara (generic) for around $40 total.

Both sites shipped from India and shipped EXACTLY the same Clomid so I'd recommend ADC. I'd also recommend ordering several months at once because it is a flat shipping fee and the actual meds are only a few dollars for a month's supply. In fact, I ordered a bunch and think we are taking a month off of meds because we ovulated naturally last month (while waiting for our package) and are hoping for the same thing again. Also, it took me over 3 weeks to get my package with both sites. I know that they both shipped right away but got stuck in customs for a while.
  • Options
    Trae&TracyTrae&Tracy Posts: 199
    edited November -1
    I ordered Clomid online just a few weeks ago without a prescription. I used gomedstore.com. I paid extra for express shipping and I received my order exactly 1 week from the day I placed the order. :-)
    7 home ICI's (2010-15) - BFN
    1st medicated IUI w/RE - March 2016 - BFN
    2nd medicated IUI/wRE - April 2016 - BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Which is better Clomid or Femara?
    Why?
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    if i have no known fertility issues would you guys suggest i use clomid? or just go ahead and try w/o drugs
    2qwlfcx.jpg
    ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We haven't used Femera yet and hope to get a BFP this month so that we won't have to. The answer to which is better really depends on one's own situation.

For starters, Femera is not FDA approved as a fertility drug. It is actually a breast cancer medication that it prescribed very frequently when women do not respond well to Clomid. Sometimes women do not ovulate on Clomid or they ovulate and the Clomid thins their lining thus making it difficult or impossible to conceive. From what I have seen, Clomid is generally tried before Femera though.

The biggest advantage to Femera is that it is much less likely to thin your lining than Clomid is. We have used Clomid 3 times with very good insemination timing and haven't gotten pregnant. We are thinking about using Ferara but are admittedly a little hesitant. Yes, we took Clomid unprescribed but were told by a OB that she would have prescribed it had we not been using a KD. (Seriously!!!!!) Obviously we are no longer using a KD but don't want to go back to this woman and found it easier to just buy Clomid online than seek out a new OB and get him/her to prescribe.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @ lilac how old are you and dp if you dont mind me asking?! have you chosen a donor from nw?
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HP- I'm 24 (dark hair) and DW is 28 (lighter hair and will be carrying). Why do you ask?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh okayy yea i understand what you mean! i am sure that i dont have any issues i have concieved before. this is a different situation than before. so hopefully its easy enough for us. thanks you!!
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What days did the doctor recommend you take clomid?
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    She said she would have put us on it days 3-7 had she been willing to work with us. I asked her why 3-7 and not 5-9 and she basically said that 3-7 is the modern view but that it use to be 5-9. We did 3-7 one or two months and 5-9 the other(s) but ovulated on day 17 either way. I've read that you make more but lower quality eggs on 3-7 and less but higher quality on 5-9. I don't really know if this is true though. I think it's just a preference between doctors.
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    I have never ordered online and I would be cautious about that. But, if you go to walmart with a prescription for Clomid it cost only $9 I believe.
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    I am doing a medicated cycle without a Dr. it is risky but with PCOS and only one ovary and only trying two months with limited vials I am going for it. I know the risks involved and you can over stimulate your ovary and cause further issues. If it was not my last try and only for two months I would go Dr. assisted. I was on it years ago Dr. assissted and I am a nurse however nothing related to OB. So it is a risk but one I am willing to take given MY situation. If you can get a Dr. to give you a RX and just pay cash I think it would work better. Switch Dr.'s if you have to and tell them you have tried 12-18 months with no luck. I know it is not the honest thing, but as much as I hate to say it you have to trick the system sometimes.

On the other hand this is my first month TTC in 13 years and clomid has totally screwed up my cycle. My swimmers are due back in two days and no smiley yet.

Go with your gut but be cautious and research your risks. If I overstimulate my ovary and end up loosing it, I know it is only a matter of time that I will loose it anyway.
    My DP is a excellent TTC canidate unmedicated and very calm and at peace with the whole thing. I just long to carry a baby so bad. I have two months, if no luck then I hope she has first time luck again because we only have 7 vials left total. We love our Xander and will not try with another donor. So I will use 4, she gets three and we are risking it all.

I wish I had a Dr. to monitor via US etc.. however I am a SAHM by choice in a same sex relationship and my wife's job won't cover me on insurance so I have crapy insurance.

Very personal choice and I would think long and hard prior to making such a big decision.

Wishing you luck and quick.
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    @ lilac oh okayy cool! i just ask because i like to try to talk to people closer to my age and you 2 look very young lol! im 22 and DP is 25..idk how to put pics on here
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    leese814leese814 Posts: 24
    edited November -1
    Clomid is only $9 at the Walmart pharmacy! I don't have insurance and I get it there.
    nbvybc.jpg2w6ccyg.jpg

Mommy to Makenna Jolee 16 months old. Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have was prescribed clomid but my insurance no longer covers it. Walmart is sort of out of the way and the money that i paid at my local pharmacy i can get double to triple from a trusted company. I will see how this goes!
  • Options
    leese814leese814 Posts: 24
    edited November -1
    First Hope, I have the same problem. One ovary thats gonna go anytime and I want another before it happends. I didn't know clomid could cause problems with your ovary. Can you tell me more? Do you have endometriosis?
    nbvybc.jpg2w6ccyg.jpg

Mommy to Makenna Jolee 16 months old. Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 1