Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

painful sores... TMI

Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
for probably close to 2 yrs. now I have had what I can only describe as sores on the labia! They are blister type sores with pus, blood, all the yucky stuff...I have only had one burst and it was incredibly painful (not to mention disgusting)! I get them probably once a month, or once every two months. One at a time, and always in the "folds" of the labia they vary in size but the latest one is about the size of a peanut!
I have always had normal paps and am not in a high risk category for STD's.
What do you all think? I will see my doc soon but looking for advice.

Comments

• Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited March 2011
    Autumn, I had something similar to what I think you're talking about once - just one and I've never had another one since. I went to the Dr. because it was so disgusting, so painful and then it burst and was bleeding and oozing all over. I was pretty young at the time and it didn't even occur to me that the Dr. would treat me like I had a possible STD!! Embarrassing!!! Anyway, it was just a 'cyst' from an ingrown hair and they're pretty common I guess. Uggg... They usually happen from shaving (especially too close) but can happen for no reason. When the cyst gets too bad, it becomes a boil, which then causes all the pain and can burst. Just a possibility??? I hope you can figure out what they are, so you can stop hurting soon!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    Alicia&JeffAlicia&Jeff Posts: 221
    edited March 2011
    I have a suggestion but I am not 100% if I am right. by your description it sounds like a boil. I have gotten them from time to time down there as well. and they are painful and do burst with pus and blood and all that stuff. The doctor told me that I get them because of my PCOS and because of sweat and the fact that it is so warm down there that bacteria just thrives. She suggested using an exfoliating scrub but gently of course. And it has seemed to help. I haven't had any lately. I hope that helps.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002445/
    10649769_10204486101662930_3242907762882339026_n.jpg
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    Alicia is right. You are getting boils. My roommate used to get them very badly. The thing is the pus and blood that come out are filled with bacteria and when one pops the bacteria spreads to other pores and will often produce another boil. Like Alicia said, get a good anti-bacterial scrub and start using it a few times a day until you are completely clear then you can take it down a notch. For the boil or boils that you currently have, you need something called ichthammol ointment. It is a thick, black cream that smells very much like tar. They sell it at walmart and pharmacies and is only a few dollars. Put it on the boil and cover it with a bandage. It will pull the bacteria out pretty quickly and the pain will let up soon after. My roommate has not gotten a boil in about 6 months since using the soap and getting rid of the ones she had with the ointment. She said it will take a boil down enough to take the pain away overnight usually. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    But this is in the labia, sometimes even as far up as the vulva area... IKL kinda hard to describe. They are definately in a very moist enviroment but this is not the first one I have had.
    Thanks for the input ladies, your help is appreciated!
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Hmmm... I sure hope you can find out what they are/why you're getting them! They don't sound fun at all!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
    edited November -1
    Bartholin Cysts. I get them occassionally. If there is pus and blood its an abcess (infection) like a pimple only way more painful. I usually do warm compresses sitting on the toilet or sitz baths.
    54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png
  • Options
    twomomstwomoms Posts: 164 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you get the sores in your armpits, or elsewhere on your body? If so, hidradenitis suppurativa may be a possibility. Even if you don't get it elsewhere, it could still be. I've been battling this for a very long time, though I have a relatively mild case compared to a lot that I have seen.
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use to get them all the time but (knock on wood) I have not had one in over a year. I went to the doc and she said warm compress and anti-bacterial soap. Mine were always very close to the vulva area and there is not a lot you can put there.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    KNSKNS Posts: 399
    edited November -1
    I will say go get then tested to make sure it's not an STD like herpes. I know that the virus can live in the body for awhile before showing itself. Some women get them pretty regularly with their menstrual cycle.

It may very well not be an STD but the dr needs a sample of the pus and *ick* that is in it to test. That way what ever it is you can get treated for it, be it a cyst, boil, ingrown hair or an STD.
    Karen
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 316
    edited November -1
    I second what Trishletts said. Bartholin Cysts. I had one once- FREAKED me out cause I assumed it was STD. Nope, just a cyst. I would go to the doc for confirmation of what it is (though it really sounds like a cyst) for your peace of mind. Also, she might have a suggestion to prevent or minimize them.