Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

So with ICI you don't use the catheter?

kyhome123kyhome123 Posts: 93
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I am so confused. From reading the instructions it seems like you use the catheter but just don't put it up too far but on here I've heard that you only use the syringe. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    We used they cath but just made sure we didnt go all the way up.
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    We used ici and did NOT use the catheter...just the syringe.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    mknbaby2mknbaby2 Posts: 405
    edited November -1
    We use the cath every time just so that we can get it in a little closer. Plus it's so tiny that it goes in very easy. We don't use a speculum. I don't have any experience with ICI vials though... we used IUI vials but did it ICI style. From what I've heard the volume of the ICI is almost double since it does not have the cellular components washed off! I guess it would work the same way though. DP always just draws up a little air then the swimmers so that she can push every last drop out!!
    P1050420-1.jpg
  • Options
    kyhome123kyhome123 Posts: 93
    edited November -1
    Thanks! Has anyone gotten BFP using just the syringe? Any way to tell how far is too far if I'm not using a speculum?
  • Options
    nervouswrecknervouswreck Posts: 379
    edited November -1
    You dont have to, but alot of women do because your cervix gets quite a bit longer and harder to reach.
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    We used a catheter and also a speculum the times before our BFP. We didn't get our BFP using ICI though. We used IUI and did the procedure at home with out a doctors help. Good Luck
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    We got a BFP...Finn is now 4 months. : )

But we did use a speculum....which we will definitely use again for baby #2.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    I used ICI and a cath.
    The syringe itself was very short, and would not have deposited the swimmers at my cervix.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    We used just the syringe and got a BFP that way... It ended in miscarriage but was a BFP anyway.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    We used ICI vials, a needless syringe, and a little bit of preseed and got a BFP on the first try (but miscarried shortly after). We chose a different donor and got pregnant again on the first try after that, using the exact same method as the first time.
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    We used a speculum and cath both tries, didn't use any preseed or anything, we didn't need it. We also used ICI vials. The next time we do this we will def. use same supplies b/c of being able to see what we were doing. On the last try when we got our BFP, DP put most of baby beans inside OS, not real far, but far enough it worked!!! Good luck to you!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • Options
    RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    We just used the syringe for ICI and got pregnant.
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    We just used a syringe and PreSeed for ICI and got pregnant. You can check out our BFP story in the other section, if you'd like. :-)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png