Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Pregnancy Testing Question

EmilyandMaryEmilyandMary Posts: 4
edited March 2011 in Trying to Conceive
Hello,

I took a pregnancy test yesterday, 9dpo (I can never wait as long as your supposed to). I used a digital E.P.T. and it said PREGNANT! I took this test at about 1pm.

However, this morning I took another pregnancy test, a digital Clear Blue Easy and it said NOT pregnant. I took this one at about 3am.

Is it more likely that the EPT was a false positive or that the Clear Blue Easy was a false negative? I am terrified to take another test now. I was so excited...

-Emily

Comments

• Options
    kyhome123kyhome123 Posts: 93
    edited November -1
    False negatives are MUCH more likely than false positives. I would probably keep testing because I am the crazy POAS lady but I would say you're preggo! Congrats!
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    I would take another digital test...when I got pregnant I bought every brand of digital test I could find. I spent $95.00 on tests the day I got the BFP. HA.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    mknbaby2mknbaby2 Posts: 405
    edited November -1
    How long did you hold your pee? Concentrations of HCG are really highest in first morning urine... could be that your urine just was not concentrated enough!
    P1050420-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was not feeling well (head cold), so I went to bed at about 7pm last night. So with the CBE digital test (negative) it was about 8 hours.

For the EPT test (positive) yesterday it was about 4 hours.
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Ummmm .... it's REALLY hard to fake HCG. It's either in your body or it isn't. ; )
    There's a much better chance that the negative test just didn't detect the hormone (test sensitivity, concentration of urine, length of time exposed to urine, etc).

Good luck!! : )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Yea...false positive is much less likely than false neg...I would test again maybe even with a few brands of HPTs. Good luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've taken two more (first responce and EPT) and both came back negative. It looks like I had a rare false positive.
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Try again tomorrow. Like mommylove said really rare to get a false positive, and its common to get a negative because your urine is more watered down etc. Also I have read that you could buy a pack of five tests and the may all have different Hcg sensitivities.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you use the exact same kind of test you got the pos on? Was this a medicated cycle? (dpo is really early for a pos but if it was a medicated cycle the drug may still have been in your system to cause the pos.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png