Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

IUI at home question

kasandchriskasandchris Posts: 7
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
My partner and I were wondering if anyone has tried an IUI vial intracervically at home? If so was it successful? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Our LH is coming up on March 13-14th 2011. Hope it works! Baby dust to everyone trying. :)
Waiting for smiley on March 13-15.
Doing first IUI at home. Hoping to catch that egg in time. :)

Comments

• Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    We did IUI at home on our 3rd try and it worked. I got my BFP that try. Here is a link that I have found to be very helpful.

http://theivp.com/ladybusiness/?p=12
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you so much for the response! How many vials did you have to use? I was also wondering how you knew the timing to do the deed? :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We used two IUI vials and we insemed at 22 and 36 hours after smiley. My last insem was around 10 pm and by the next morning I had a temp spike so I knew I ovulated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Congratulations by the way! We are so glad to hear that you can get it to work at home. Thank you for all your help and especially for the link you sent. That is an awesome site. We wish you all the best with your new little one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sent you a forum email. Let me know if you haven't got it yet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Where do we go to view the forum email? We just signed up to use this site today and aren't really familiar with it yet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It just gets sent to the email you provided to sign up. So whatever email address you used when you signed up it should go to that one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just checked it and I haven't gotten it yet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sent it. :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok. I emailed that one.
  • Options
    therlachetherlache Posts: 30
    edited November -1
    cocobay-how many times a day would you test for +OPK? I normally only tested 1x per day around 4pm, but since we are doing at home IUI I'm thinking i shoud test multiple times a day to catch the beginning of my surge. Normally day after +OPK I get terrible O pains... Just trying to see what my best route w/positive outcome would be :) Congrats to you!!!
    RE IUI 1/12- BFN
    AI at home 3/26 & 3/27, in TWW!!!
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    I tested about 3 times a day...because I could only catch my surge for about 4-6 hours on a digital test.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would test 3 times a day and then two days before O I started testing everytime I used the bathroom, I tried to hold it for at least 3 hours. It does cost quite a bit more when you are going through all of those test but I figured if I was spending 700 a month on sperm might as well splurge on smileys too.
  • Options
    simon506simon506 Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to add that my wife tests about 3+ times per day for her surge. We use the internet cheapies. $10 for 40 OPK and 10 PT. Check them out on amazon. If you aren't sure one worked just dip another in the same cup and there is no issue of using up expensive tests.