Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

later rather than sooner?

brittneybrittney Posts: 46
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
so i started af yesterday witch was a day later than what i expected,so im wondering if i ovulated a day later even though i got a smiley on the 20th of feb. and we did the insem. on the 21st .maybe i should wait this month a see how many days i get a smiley for or should i just do it like 36hrs no matter what?

Comments

• Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I think it best to do it based on the lh surge rather than the date of af. How many hours after depends on if you have been temping and know how long it is btw the lh and O.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    How long you are able to get a smiley for really wont tell you anything...
    Are you only doing one insem (1 vial) per cycle? If so, I would normally time closer to 24hrs after +OPK. Your period being a day late also doesn't necessarily mean that your LP was longer and that you ovulated later than usual. It can simply vary...

My cyles were normally 27-29 days long and I usually got my +OPK on CD14-16. I'm pretty sure I ovulate somewhere between 24-32hrs after +OPK...or at least I did. :-) We got our BFP's timing 24hrs after +OPK both times.

I also don't know how many cycles you've tried, but just keep in mind there is generally a less than 20% chance of getting that BFP each try. Statistically you will need to try around 5-6 cycles to get a BFP then, if not more. So if you are only on your 1st or say 2nd insem don't give up and don't worry that something is wrong, it may just not quite be happening yet...I know it's hard, but that's the unpredictability with TTC.

Best of luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png