Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

So frustrated! UPDATE!!! Got my smiley and a question!

kyhome123kyhome123 Posts: 93
edited March 2011 in Trying to Conceive
So last month I got my pos opk on cd 15 and today it is no where to be found. The line isn't anywhere near as dark as the control line. I am so frustrated! I have had my swimmers here since Wednesday and am ready to use them! I notice that the month before it was cd 16 so maybe I will get it tomorrow instead.

Comments

• Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    I am a huge fan on the smiley OPKs. There is no guessing in it. The smiley face is so nice to see as well. I sure hope you get the +OPK soon, so you will be off to baby making. Good Luck
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    I have to second that motion....the smileys really aer much easier!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am using the smileys but am looking at the line on them. The are neg but I just took another and it is getting darker so that's good. So ready to start! Thanks guys!
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    O is almost always late once the swimmers are around ; )
    It's like Murphy's Law of AI or something.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks. After having 4 children it is SO hard to hold my pee the suggested 4 hours. I am thinking that if I get my smiley in the morning after FMU I will insem at 6-8 hours after smiley incase I didn't catch it in time. Hoping to hold my pee this next four hours and then test again.
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I totally understand the holding pee issue. It's so uncomfortable. I got my +opk almost two days late. I actually used one of my vials the early because I thought I'd missed my surge or maybe that it had been to small to detect. I then regretted that decision as I got a clearly positive opk that night around midnight. Luckily I had one more vial.

Moral of the story: be patient and keep checking.

Good luck, pretty soon you will be in the tww:)
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks KTZ! Can't wait until the Dr calls you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Even more frustrated because today I woke up with a ton of EWCM and still no smiley and when I opened the test it isn't even close the the color of the line. I have never used smileys before.. do they darken really quick??
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    The lines on the smileys mean nothing! It says right on them to not go by the lines whatsoever! When I get a smiley, the line sometimes is almost as dark but sometimes not even close. The digitals measure a lot of different things and the lines in them have nothing to do with negative or positive. I would test again in about 4 hours. 2nd morning urine is usually better than 1st morning urine, as LH usually starts building in the morning. Keep trying!!! And try to relax... (I know, so hard) the more you relax, the sooner you'll get that smiley!! :-)
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You are the best! I didn't read that! You have seriously made my day. I am going to be in 1 hour... have been holding it since 10:45 so it will be four hours. Thank you so much for responding, it means so much to me!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Still nothing as of tonight. Hoping for a smiley tomorrow. So glad I didn't get it delivered any earlier!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No problem! :-) Glad I could help... don't stress over the smiley's - just try to relax and keep testing!! The first time(s) doing this, almost inevitably will mess with your cycle. No matter how non-stressed we think we are keeping ourselves, our bodies sense our stress and just don't cooperate. Be patient and if worse comes to worse, you can send your swimmers back and retry next month!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    When you has ewcm what position was your cervix in? Sometimes our bodies are more reliable than the opk!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know. I've never checked my cervix. I just took another one and the line is very close to as dark as the control (even tho I know you're not supposed to go by that). I am holding my pee for 4 more hours and hoping to see a smiley then.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good luck. You should check your cervical position to see where it is at. If you are close to o time it should be a little bit harder to reach. It may not be very helpful since you wouldnt have a starting point of refrence.
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Just keep testing every four hours. Its worth the expense to get it right. You are almost there.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks so much guys. I seriously don't know what I'd do without this board. I am so glad to have you guys telling me to be patient because that big box of swimmers keeps calling my name :)
  • Options
    poems0431poems0431 Posts: 337
    edited November -1
    My smiley was also fashionably late this month. I usually get my smiley on cd11 and O on cd12. This month it was two days late. I was beginning to wonder if I was even going to ovulate this month. I also noticed that since I got my smiley later that I o'd soon after I got my smiley. My cervix was closing and getting harder by 10 hrs past and I had a temperature spike about 15 hrs after my smiley. I usually use my vials later but this time I did them closer to + opk. So temping and checking your cervix along with opks should help you get more in tune with your body. Good luck!
    IT'S A BOY!
    1st beta 456 at 15dpo
    2nd beta 6000 at 22 dpo
    NuNSm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just got my smiley!!! I just looked back at other months and I did get a pos opk on day 18 in Jan so I guess it's not THAT late. I got a pos on day 15 and 16 last month and this month it was day 17. I think I'm going to still go 12 hours, 24 hours and 36 hours. If I do it at midnight tonight it will be 8 hours past pos. With daylight savings time I got my hours mixed up and when I tested at 12:30 was only 3 hours since the last time I peed so I am wondering if that one would have been pos if I had waited the four hours. What do you girls think? Would you wait until 5 am for the first insem (I have three vials) or go ahead and do it at midnight tonight?
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    if it were me i'd do one tonight because i think sleeping and staying in bed made a big difference for me. this way you can temp undisturbed too! then you still have 2 more vials...but check your other signs like your cm and opening of your os.
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just checked my cervix and I could touch it with the tip of my middle finger (CANNOT believe the things I disclose on this board!) so I am thinking maybe tomorrow or maybe tonight UGH! Any more advice?
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    meaning.......it is really high and you can barely reach it? how's your mucus?
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah - it feels like it is high. I can barely reach it. Only with the tip of my middle finger. I have EWCM. Thank you so much for your response!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sounds like it is all lining up and your eggies are ready for the sperm! Dont miss ypur window, good luck!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    With three vials, I would DEF do the first tonight and sleep while those little guys find their way to your eggie! They can move along undeterred and your body will be relaxed because you will be sleeping! :-) Good luck!! So glad you got your smiley!

a3cmlv.jpg