Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

had to post over here too about my US... shocking news! PIC

GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
edited March 2011 in Trying to Conceive
Today was the day that I have been looking forward to for weeks. I wished the my DP could have been there, but she was all the way in FL checking on the bees.
Everyone in the office LOVED my shirt! At first I was a little scared to wear it,, what if I was tempting fate by being "cocky" and that when I got in for the US what if there was an empty sac?? I got a little scared waiting.
Then I got to talking to another 40 yr old pregnant woman in the waiting room. She just saw her little baby and everything looked good, she was almost 7 weeks. I asked her if she had any MS yet, she said YES! I got to worrying again, b/c I have had NONE. I told her that if it wasn't for the fact that I am tired and that my boobs hurt, that I wouldn't even know that I was pregnant!! She then said that 5 yrs ago when she was pregnant with her twins she was not sick at all!! I thought uh oh! But only for a half a second.
Then they finally called me back,, my DR gave me a big HUG when she saw my shirt. Now, before this my DR had only shook my hands, and some people say they find her distant, so it meant alot when she gave me a hug. Now my nurse Susan,, she hugs me all the time!! But today I didn't think she was gonna let me go! They are really like family there. And, it was a year ago on March 8 when I had my first consultation,, and here I was there today PREGNANT.
OK, so I got all settled in, and the U/S started, and do you know what we saw...................T-W-O BABIES!!!!!!! YES!
I am having Twins!!!
I didn't cry, I just stared at the screen, and was in SHOCK!! I never for one minute thought that I had two in there,,, never!
The nurse said that they are not identical and that there are two sacs (at first the DR said it was too early to tell, but the Susan says they aren't identical).
Baby A measures 6w3d and heartbeat was 132
Baby B measures 7weeks exactly and heartbeat was 132.
I go back in 2 weeks for another US. I did ask if I should be prepared to see only one next time, you know how some will disappear. But the DR said very slim chance of that, the sacs looked good and everything looked perfect. Of course I had to ask Susan the same thing, and she said it rarely happens when you have such good heartbeats and that the babies were close in size and looked really good.
I called Holly right away, and I didn't even ask her if she was driving LOL, but fortunately she was about to pull in to a bee yard,, she didn't believe me,, kept saying "no, no, your kidding". Then she said, "now we have to pick 2 names!!"
This is unbelievable and I can't even believe I'm pregnant, let alone with twins!!!!
firstUS.jpg
pqkom4.png
FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg

Comments

• Options
    IbelieveIbelieve Posts: 471
    edited November -1
    YAY!!!! for 2 little babies : D Congratulations!!! That is amazing news and I am glad they are both growing well.
  • Options
    LexnaniLexnani Posts: 398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow that is sooooo amazing! Congratulations!!!
  • Options
    korinnesmomkorinnesmom Posts: 88
    edited November -1
    I KNEW IT!!!!! Call me physic but I had a feeling.
    Korinne Thanks #4000
    kinnycollage.jpg
    Sky, a natural miracle!
    skybluesailor.jpg

EDD January 25th 2012
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations...sooo excited for you!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    Sooo excited for you...times 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
  • Options
    hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    omg double congratulatiooooooooooooonnnnsss!!!!
    2qwlfcx.jpg
    ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!
  • Options
    JaisJais Posts: 384
    edited November -1
    Wooooo Hoooo. Yay
  • Options
    WEhopeWEhope Posts: 42
    edited November -1
    Double congrats!
    FEW.jpg
    With our angel, lost 10/15/09, but always with us
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    GABee: Goobie and Tim say Congrats!!!!!!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    sugar&spice4mesugar&spice4me Posts: 28
    edited November -1
    I am so happy for you :) Congrats!!!
    3rh1wdetf.png
  • Options
    babymakes3babymakes3 Posts: 433 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    that if sooooooooo freakin cool and holy guacamole
    connonandray.jpg
  • Options
    Hopeful2010Hopeful2010 Posts: 134
    edited November -1
    That is awesome. Congrats.
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    Wow that is such amazing news. Congratulations x2. Do twins run in your family?
  • Options
    onmyownonmyown Posts: 300
    edited November -1
    How cool for you!! Congratulations!
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh my gosh that is SO exciting!!!!
  • Options
    TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow!!! Amazing news!! Congrats!! I wasn't expecting that!
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    that is so exciting! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    mknbaby2mknbaby2 Posts: 405
    edited November -1
    Yay! That's awesome, congrats! I love your US pictures. Very clearly two!!
    P1050420-1.jpg
  • Options
    JCAlaskaJCAlaska Posts: 251
    edited November -1
    Love it! :-)
    J & J in Alaska - 4th TTC created our little one. Miscarried at 10 wks 4 days on 12/1/10. Tried many more times then took a break for a couple of years to get healthy. We're BACK!! :)
  • Options
    poems0431poems0431 Posts: 337
    edited November -1
    Wow soooo excited for you!
    IT'S A BOY!
    1st beta 456 at 15dpo
    2nd beta 6000 at 22 dpo
    NuNSm5.png
  • Options
    nervouswrecknervouswreck Posts: 379
    edited November -1
    NO WAY! Many congrats! I guess you could say that you are making up for lost time ,eh?
  • Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    Congrats so exciting!
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    I am so excited for you!!!! Twins, what a double blessing!!!!! Congratulations again x2!!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    thank you all for your well wishes. I am still in shock!
    DP came home and just sat in the recliner with a goofy grin on her face and said, wow!

Twins do run in my family on my Dad's side. I told DP that this could have happened even without meds, but I'm sure the meds did help.
    My Great Grandmother had a set of Boy/Girl twins and they died early on. Then some of her children (my great aunts/uncles) had twins I believe and then I know for sure that one of their kids (my second cousins) had a set of twins. My first cousin (dad's brother's daughter) she has a set of identical girls.

Funny thing is DP's mom had a set of boy/girl twins. That was back in the day when there were not US. Her parents had a total of 8 kids and this was her mom's 4th pregnancy. When the DR came out and told her Dad that they had a girl, he asked "What about the other baby". The DR said "There is no other baby" And then the nurse called him back in b/c she started delivering the OTHER baby!! LOL He loves to tell that story! Not sure how her family is going to react. Of course the Lesbians have to go all out and be the only one of her siblings to have twins LOL.
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    gypsy68gypsy68 Posts: 116
    edited November -1
    How exciting! So happy for you!
    24uzrkg.jpg
    nbpszr.jpg
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    That is great Gabeekeeper. What a wonderful blessing. I laughed out loud at your last comment.
  • Options
    Trae&TracyTrae&Tracy Posts: 199
    edited November -1
    OMG how exciting!!! Congratulations! What an amazing blessing. :-)
    7 home ICI's (2010-15) - BFN
    1st medicated IUI w/RE - March 2016 - BFN
    2nd medicated IUI/wRE - April 2016 - BFN
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    That is sooo cool! I'm so happy for you!! You got a two-fer! :-)
  • Options
    footprintsfootprints Posts: 235
    edited November -1
    Congrats!!
    tt12ed52.aspx
  • Options
    lostinfllostinfl Posts: 62
    edited November -1
    Congrats! That is super exciting.