Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

curious

hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
myself and DP arent planning to start ai until august. but i am trying to get intune with my body and my cycle now. because we are planning to use one vial for our first cycle or 2. so i want to start slow and work my way up. i have never paid attention to whether or not i have o pains or to my cm. so i want to run this past you guys and see what you think. if you have any suggestion please feel free to leave them. this month i want to just monitor BBT and check for EWCM and possible o pains. i am on CD 13. next month i want to try to do the same thing. then in may i want to start using OPK's and just BBT and the same in june. then july i want to monitor all the signs i can! BBT,EWCM,o pain and OPK. does this make sense? and does this seem like a good way to have pretty accurate timing when it finally comes time to do the ai?
2qwlfcx.jpg
ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!

Comments

• Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited March 2011
    Sounds like you're off to a great start!!!

I would also add cervical position. The idea is to use a finger tip to check your os.
    Right before ovulation your cervix should be high, soft, wet, and open. Now granted, the first several times you check you won't have any idea what constitutes high, soft, wet, and open, but over the course of one or two cycles you totally start to get the hang of it.
    Oh, and make sure you check it as the same time each day (the cervix tends to behave a little differently throughout the day).

Good luck!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    If i were you i wouls start tracking all of it now. I wish i had done more research prior to starting. Sometimes these things can make little changes from month to month. The more imformation you have the easier it will be to make decisions come insemination time!
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I would probably start tracking all of it now too. I used the line opks for the first month just to kinda get a hang of it. I never took my temp...but I always checked cm, cervical position and I did the opk's.

I wouldn't rely too heavily on O pain. O pain can really happen before, during, or after ovulation...so it's not a great indicator of it.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I would start charting any and all signs now as PP said. And I would also focus more on cm, cervical opening, and opk readings. I temped for a while but then stopped as it was far too much of a hastle and stressor during the two and didn't really tell me much for sure.

Opks really are important as finding the LH surge really is important to time insems.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh okayy thanks for the heads up! where can i get some of the opk strips? and when im doing opk's how often am i supposed to test? i read somewhere that you do it at 10 2 and 5?
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    You can get opk's pretty much at any grocery store/pharmacy. I tested about 3 times a day because I could only catch my surge for about 4-6 hours and I didn't want to miss it.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh okayy thats cool!! so maybe those times are pretty head on!
    2qwlfcx.jpg