Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

ewcm tmi

hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
im trying to get accustomed to my bodies cycle before we start trying to concieve in august! and i have never paid much attention to my cm or o pains. so im on cycle day 13 and i want to start checkin my cm. when do you normally get the EWCM???? and about how long does it last?? i checked and i see the color but its not the texture that i have been hearing and reading it to be described as..
2qwlfcx.jpg
ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!

Comments

• Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    I haven't had EWCM since my early 30s ....... mine never gets and better than "lotiony".

(note: as far as AI, I just used Preseed ........ and as you can tell below, it worked!!).
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    Yeah...I don't get a whole lot of EWCM either. But like Shaeley...we used preseed.
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    I was lucky as I could tell you when I was fertile just by my CM. There was no mistaking the egg whites here. I actually experimented when we weren't actively TTCing and didn't do an OPK until I had the EWCM and did one and there was my positive OPK. The only thing was I didn't have actual ovulation pains so I don't know exactly when I ovulate compared to when my EWCM and +OPK comes. That is why we always did at least 2 and usually 3 vials to cover a full 36 hr window.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    You do want to go by stretchiness, but it doesn't have to be completely clear. Mine was often whiteish-- maybe I'd get a day of clear-- but I had the correct "consistency" for 3-4 days around ovulation. Also watery (as in clear like water) counts as fertile CM.

Sometimes you won't have a lot. It's funny, sometimes it would seem like there was none but then if I looked with a speculum it was definitely there.

Some people also use pre-seed (a sperm-friendly lubricant) to kind of "mimic" EWCM. We used it on the third of three insems the month we got pregnant (because I tend to have less EWCM by the time ovulation actually comes around. The EWCM can help sperm get through the cervix days early which is great if you have fresh but not so helpful if you have frozen.)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh okayy! well the color is certainly EW but its not stretchy at all. its more lotiony like shaeley mentioned! so does EWCM mean ovulation is coming or is happening? because i have a calendar in my phone that monitiors my cycle and says i should ovulate on the 15th which will be day 16 of my cycle. my cycle was out of whack these last couple months. i got AF january 17th and she was gon the 18th. then she didnt come back until feb 28th and ended march 4th. but i usually have a regular cycle 28-30 days.
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    When I am about CD16 or 17 I can usually put some EWCM in my fingers and stretch my hand all the way open and it doesn't break.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh okay. mine just kinda sat there and when i tried t stretch it it wouldnt move
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh wow ok great! thank you!!! yea mine doesnt stretch much at all! it started strectching some today but only a little
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    I usually get ewcm before and the day after O then it starts to dry up.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png