Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Insem on Vacation?

saraqsaraq Posts: 43
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello! I am not new to TTC, but am new to NW! I've heard great things and am very excited to get my BFP! :) SO - I was going to take this month off because of a vacation - but I'm going to be so relaxed and happy, I really think that it might be the perfect time to inseminate after some thought! :)

Do you think I could have my swimmers shipped to my vacation destination? Or do you think they could survive 5 days to have them shipped to my home, then me shipping them to my hotel in Florida - here is my timeline:

+Swimmers would have to be shipped to my house on Friday, the 18th
+I would ship them to hotel on Saturday, the 19th
+Arrive at vaca hotel on night of Sunday the 20th
+Probably O'ing on Wednesday the 23rd or Thursday the 24th
+Coming home very late on the 26th or very early on the 27th (so too late to insem for sure)

Does anyone know if NW will ship to a vacation spot/family member's home? And if not, do you think they'll survive the journey? I can always wait until next cycle (boo!) but I kind of want to do it... ya know, NOW!! hehe

Thanks in advance! :) -Sara & DP Jen
sdzour.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    I think that they will ship wherever you want them? I do know that people ar eable to detect what company the box has come from, so if discretion is an issue, you might keep that in mind...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Discretion is totally not an issue for me! haha It's going to be during Spring Break in Florida - I'm sure it won't be the strangest thing being shipped... right? :)
    sdzour.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has anyone actually shipped to a different place than their home? I'm trying to plan everything this weekend so I can move money around first thing this week and order by the middle of the week, so any input would be very helpful!
    -Sara
    sdzour.jpg
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I don't see a problem with it. If you are shipping to a family member's house, I wouldn't think twice. I would, however, probably just have it shipped to a local FedEx facility rather than a vacation rental or hotel.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Sounds great! Have a good time.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png