Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

The neverending cycle...Femera question

minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So here I am...CD16...and the earliest I see myself inseming this cycle is going to be CD20....seriously, CD20!!!! Has anyone else had slow growers when you are on Femera? This is my first month on it and the follicles are growing slower this month than ever before. I'm not complaining...they are growing and I'm so happy about that :) I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen???
6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo

Comments

• Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited March 2011
    everyone reacts differently to different fertility drugs. it might just be that femara isn't the right one for you. my dp did 2 cycles on femara with bfns. first month on clomid, bfp. for me second cycle on femara, bfp. have you had other bloodwork done? i had a poor response to femara the first month due to high prolactin. i know you are with an re but wondered exactly what bloodwork you'd had done?

edited to add - i personally would never insem if i had to wait until cd20. there have been studies done that say a follicle that takes that long to mature has a higher chance of not being viable. :(

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I'm actually pretty surprised that he didn't cancel the cycle today. My guess is that if on Tuesday things don't look better that this cycle will be cancelled.

We've only done E2 and Progesterone blood work. He hasn't pulled anything else. My feeling is that if this cycle is a bust that I'm going to ask to go back to Clomid. I only have to do 2 more cycles in the doctors office before I can move to IVF and have it covered and I almost feel as if I'm treading water until we get there. While I HOPE AND PRAY IUI works I really think that IVF is going to be what works for me.
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
    edited November -1
    My first Femara cycle I was WAYYYYY late with Ovulation. I had like 8 Ultrasounds in a period of two weeks. She kept saying we will see you day after tomorrow. I think I Oed day 18 (normally day 11). right at the end tho the follicles mature super fast. I went in one day and I had two 17s and a 14 then two days later they were 23 and 18 when she said Ok lets trigger! Hang in there!
    54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png