Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

OPK's & Cervical Fluid

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I'm hoping to TTC #2 in July, and that's coming up very quickly. I've done temping before, but I decided not to right now because I wake up so many times at night (just brief awakenings). So I gave the Clear Blue Digital Tests a shot this month. I had my period for 5 days, had wet CF on days 12-14, had EW CF on days 15 & 16, and now am on day 18 with some creamy CF. I started using OPK's on day 13 and so far they have all been negative. I'm using them once a day, but when I was TTC with Aiden I never had to do OPK's more than once a day.

In the past my ovulation date has varied from anywhere between day 14 to 20. So maybe I'm just begining to worry a little too soon and will see a positive OPK in the next few days.
In Jan. I had a 38 day cycle. Dec. a 33 day cycle. In October a 51 day cycle. October was my first month I had a cycle since having Aiden other than a random cycle when he was 10 months old. Do you think I'm too irregular still to be ovulating? I'm nursing Aiden.

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    kyhome123kyhome123 Posts: 93
    edited November -1
    I am in the same position! Hoping to get my smiley today.
  • Options
    kyhome123kyhome123 Posts: 93
    edited November -1
    I just got my smiley! I had a bunch of EWCM yesterday and thought maybe I had missed my smiley. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    I've said it once before, but I am a firm believer that it is just not ideal to bf while TTC. I think there are too many hormone fluctuations that make it harder to get pregnant. I think that, and the fact that you are using donor sperm will make it very difficult. That is just my 2 cents, but no way would I TTC usung donor sperm while breastfeeding. I am too cheap to waste that much sperm=money. Just my opinion. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    DP got pregnant while breast feeding Ray when he was 9mos old. That cycle was only her 3rd since having Ray (possibly 4th). We wanted to inseminate that month because we wanted an October baby... but OPK after OPK was negative and we had given up thinking it was an anovulatory month due to her breastfeeding. Well, one day, DP noticed she had EWCM and took an OPK and it was blaringly positive! We called the bank and had them ship just one vial overnight and we insemmed the next morning 18hrs post +OPK and viola... a Charles!!!! :)

So you can totally try to get pregnant while breast feeding and I don't think it is a waste. You just need to accept that your cycles will likely still be irregular and to just relax and go with it and listen to your body.
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited March 2011
    I still don't think anyone can deny it is more difficult and more costly ie:your overnight shipping charges vs. standard. All of that aside, irregular cycles are something I have been dealing with for awhile, it certainly IS possible many do get pregnant while BFing it is just not ideal as I stated before.
    With all of the less than ideal factors figured in when using donor sperm, why ad one more? Why not wean him?
    Like I stated before, just my opinion but that is what I would do. Carolyn was looking for advice and opinions.
  • Options
    roses25roses25 Posts: 567
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'm not interested in weaning him at this time to have anther baby. I want the experience of nursing while pregnant and possibly tandem nursing. After all this will probably be my only chance at doing that (although I may try for 3). I have about 3 months of trying this summer, and if I don't get pregnant then, I will have to wait until next summer, so it's not like I'm going to keep try and trying and waste money.

Still no positive OPK, but lots of CF.

Carolyn
    EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
    schm94df60emqyke.png
    lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
    lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png
  • Options
    KNSKNS Posts: 399
    edited November -1
    You may have accept that breastfeeding while pregnant and tandem breastfeeding may not be an option for you. The human female is not really designed to do that. Breastfeeding a natural birth control and designed to help keep babies from being born too close together which can be unhealthy for the mother.

I'm studying to be a lactation consultant and in all the literature that I have read breastfeeding while pregnant and tandem breastfeeding are the exception not the norm.

I do want to applaud you for breastfeeding him to 21 months, that is amazing!
    Karen