Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Today's Follie Count & Yes, another timing question

edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So today was my 2nd ultrasound - and WAHOO!!!!! I have 3 follicles - sizes 14, 12 and 10. Going back on Wednesday for another ultrasound and hopefully trigger either then for IUI Thursday or trigger Thursday for Friday - hopefully nothing later.

Could be kinda fun to be doing an IUI on St Patty's Day!

So my RE feels that I'll for sure have two, and maybe all three follies matured by then.

I spoke with her about the IUI timing as they prefer to do 24 hours past for a single IUI there, but told her what I've read about doing IUI's later etc - she's checking with other docs for suggestions as she knows that we're limited on vials so we've gotta give it our best shot.

I have the mittelschmertz - ovulation pains about 27-28 hours post trigger. I'm thinking of seeing about an IUI at 28 hours - shamefully admitting I'm copying GaBeeKeeper there with her timing since it was so close to O time - or - should I wait til like 30 hours? I feel like the 36 will be too late - trying to stay in that 6 hour window. Honestly even at 24 hours I'm within that window so I just don' tknow what to do now that the time is nearing!

So excited - this is SUCH a better response than I had the last cycles that were BFN in the fall - I've got follies on both sides - then it was only one side and I was barely responding on 2x the dosage of injections I'm on now.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!! Thank you!
wMgFm5.png

Comments

• Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    Great Follie count!!!
    Hmm,,, timing,,, I just know for me the 2 IUI's that were done at 24 and then 27 that was just way to early for me. I had a BFP that resulted in an early MC with a 36hrs IUI , and then now my twin pregnancy that was 37hrs after trigger.
    What really eased my mind was asking for an US before my IUI and then I was assured that my follies were minutes away from being released.
    But if you get it 6hrs before then you are doing really good.

Not sure if I was any help, but I'm cheering you on to a BFP!!!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg