Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

help please..

care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok.. today is CD 9 (induced with provera due to anovulation, PCOS). I've done 6 days of 75 Bravelle and had another US today to check on the follies.. I'm so confused and disappointed.. . My RE said that there were quite a few follies on each ovary (30+??) , but none big enough yet so he's doubling my dose to 150 for 3 days, then i return thursday for another US. I really dont understand what all of this means. he did express concern over too many? can someone please tell me if this is good news, bad news, or neither yet. thanks.
093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg

Comments

• Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    30+ on each ovary = definite sign of pcos. how big did he say the biggest one was? i would think on injectibles on cd9 you should have a few at 10mm or greater. however, the 30+ on each ovary is really concerning due to a condition known as ohss. did your doctor mention that to you at all? are you on metformin for your pcos? have you had an insulin resistance blood test (or any bloodwork at all) done?

without any further information from you, i would say this is not good news. fwiw, i think your pcos should be treated first (this is your first ttc cycle with an re, right?). is there a reason you went straight to injectables instead of clomid or femara?

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    i did try clomid, years ago (about 8 years ago, to be exact) without success (provided by my gyn), but this is my first attempt working with an RE. I am not taking anything for the PCOS as the diagnosis is new (made about a month and a half ago). i dont know what insulin resistance blood test is, but my doc did run a bunch of blood work on the third day of my last cycle. he said the numbers "looked good" and so he suggested we start trying right away, so my next cycle i began with the bravelle. thanks for the info on ohss. it's pretty disappointing, but im glad to know what we may be dealing with. thank you again..

♥ carrie
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg