Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

one tough decision!

Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello ladies, I thought this board may be the best place to ask since dh is not any help at all with this one! He is loving and pretty supportive, but he just doesn't "get it". I do not want to continue to wait :(

We are moving, only about 32 miles from where we currently live but moving a family of 5 is no small feat! That decision has been made, done deal. The problem is, we don't know exactly when it will happen. It could be as early as May, maybe as late as September.
I get EXTREME morning sickness during pregnancy. I'd like to think the next one (hypothetically) will be different but I have a history of hypermesis with all of my pregnancy and it gets worse with each one. It lasts from week 5-6 till about 13-14 and is very debilitating. I am talking: round the clock medication and bedrest most days.
So, in prepration for this I do the following:
prepare and freeze meals for dh, the girls and myself
save enough for at least two nights a week of eating out (it is worse for me to cook, if someone else cooks it i can usually eat some of it)
take care of anything and everything possible that I will not be able to do for 2.5 months that is doable before hand such as shampooing carpets, oven cleaning, spring cleaning type of stuff

So... the tough decision is: Do I wait to get pregnant til after we move and everything has settled? If we are moved and settled dh is thinking I will be able to handle the morning sickness better. my girls will be out of school after the first week in June so they will be able to help me around the house. (the older two are old enough to help with light household chores, etc.)
Should I wait until everything is done or try now and risk be super sick right in the middle of having to move? What would you do?
I am 34 and counting, I know I am not "old" but can't help but think my time is running short (my fertility has declined A LOT in the past couple of years!) I know it is only a few more months but I really want to try NOW, is that selfish? would it be better for my family if I waited a few more months???
TIA!

Comments

• Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I have no idea what the right decision is because its such a personal one. I am turning 34 this week and I feel the clock ticking too. That being said, one month is probably not going to make a hug difference.

If it were me I would probably do it now because I just can't wait. Is that the correct decision? Probably not the most mature decision, but I am just being honest.

I soppose you might consider if you will have help moving. I don't thing that a lot of lifting and physical labor is a good idea in the first trimester. Exercise and labor are very different.

Good luck with whatever decision you make!
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your your comments. It may be one month, it may be four I just don't know! That is the frustrating part is the not know when I can start TTC...I feel like I have waited long enough :( The heavy lifting bothers me though, I would have to help with most or all aspects of our move.
  • Options
    Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    I turned 34 in October and I feel like this October is knocking at the door already. So that being said, I would do it now because you do not know for sure if it will happen the first time. It may take a few cycles and if you put it off a few months, it may actually be up to a year before you get pregnant. I would start the process you discussed and hope for the best.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    If you knew when you were moving, waiting would not be a bad thing. But ... you don't. And there may always be some reason why "now" is not the perfect time. So my vote would be to keep trying!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png