Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

military x posted

hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
DP and i are planning to TTC in august and im just wondering about some things... DP is planning to go into the army next year and i am wondering if anyone else has a DP or DW in the military? i want to know how it works as far as living arrangements and stuff?? also does anyone have any information as far as 2nd parent adoption and paternity leave in california?..
2qwlfcx.jpg
ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!

Comments

• Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    I am in the army. As of right now dont ask dont tell is still in effect, meaning she can not be openly gay. That is supppsed to change in the near future. That being said, even after it is changed the army will not recognize you as a Dependent even if you were to get married. now, if she is not the bio mom of the baby she wpuld get no benefits for the baby and if she went in without a degree(enlisted) she would be living in the barracks which would mean you would not be able to stay there. I have no idea how if after the fact, if she joined the army, you had the baby, then she tried to legally adopt would work out. If that all happened after the ban is lifted then it might not be a problem but if it all happened before it might be hard to explain why she would be trying to adopt a child that legally has a mother already....make sence? I am a sergeant first class and have been in almost 12 years if you have any other questions feel free to email me:) sorry if i didnt make a whole lot of sence
  • Options
    Hopeful2010Hopeful2010 Posts: 134
    edited November -1
    My DH is retired military after about 22 yrs. Just recently, well few months ago a lesbian was dishonorably discharged from this base for being found out. The way they found out was not in a good way and now there is a huge court thing going on. Shortly after this happened they announced about the don't ask don't tell being lifted. I can't help but wonder if she had anything to do with raising flags on this and if so, I say kudos to her.
    Anyways, what sugarprincess said is true. You won't be able to claim both as mom as far as benefits go, and being single you live in barracks or dorms. Don't count your chickens before they hatch quite yet.
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Sugarprincess, you are cool, you have the best profile name ever, you wax your own armpits, and you are a sergeant first class.

Rock on!!
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hehehe and im a drill sergeant too:) thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh okay i see. thank you for the information! and lol yea it all makes sense and SUUUUCKSSSS!!! but we have thought of what we would do in this situation but i mean i wont know how i feel about it until it happens you know? im not sure if im okay with being a single mom while in a relationship. i mean she would still be the other mother no matter what but that would be hard for me to take care of any child we decide to have by myself! so hopefully we can work something out. i dont want to stand in the way of her doing what it is that she wants to do with her life. so we shall see! i may be emailing you soon lol
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, if you have any questions i cant answer off the top of my head i can find the info. I was actually just looking at the mandatory training we have to do once the ban is lifted yesterday. It has someinteresting info in it. Everyone is gonna be up in arms!! People are so ignorant to think they have not been serving with homosexuals up untill now!! Hellooooo, they are everywhere in the military you just dont know. I always laugh when guys are like, "im not showering with a gay dude". Yes cause all gay people are crazy hormone driven maniacs who cant control their weeners! And i hate to tell you this but......i am sure a gay man has seen you naked already!!!!! Its totally different when it is a gay women, they are all for it, and men are always wanting to know if they can "watch", really????? Yes all gay women want perverted men to watch them do it! People are so dumb, sorry off my soapbox:)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh okayy great i appreciate it! yeaaaa thats what im saying!! i know sooo many gay and lesbian people in the military!!! i guess ignorance is bliss right!? if they havent had to acknowledge it until now then it wasnt happening. but yea that is wat a lot of people think is that gay and lesbian people are just sooooooooooooooooooo hornnnnnnnyyyyyy alll the damn time! which can be true lol! but for our significant others lol!!!
    2qwlfcx.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hahaha
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    this is kinda off topic but ... "sugarprincess" and "drill sergeant" don't usually come in the same package!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Haha, i know people who first meet me always say they cant picture me as a drill sergeant:)