Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Ack! OK what would you guys do!?

edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So I had another ultrasound this morning I've got 2 follies that are mature and ready to go, and a third at about size 12 - I'm back in on Friday for another ultrasound they're trying to get that last one to grow enough to "catch" it with a trigger

Doc feels pretty confident that I'll have three follicles release.

I'm continuing shots until Friday and then should be triggering then.

I'd planned on doing just 1 IUI vial - as you'll note from my variety of posts on here I've yet to completely settle on a time to do the one - with DD we did two.

I've been thinking of getting a single IUI at about 30 hours post - I ovulate around 28 hours after trigger /surge.

We've got limited vials of our donor left - docs are really pleased and saying that my lining, follies everything look absolutely great that this is a really good cycle.

Would you guys use more than one vial?
wMgFm5.png

Comments

• Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    If you think you you have your o timing down i would think one would be enough, right?????
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm hoping? I'm just nervous that I'm gonna miss the window I guess - we did last two cycles - with one vial and they didn't work BUT I didn't respond anywhere near as well as I am this cycle.
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    I know the feeling, i am concidering uiu at home with one vial, the window is so small!
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    Are you doing the IUI with the doctor or at home? I do one with the doctor and it's 36 hours past trigger. I just did an OPK and I got my smiley so I'll be doing the insem at 12 hours past smiley...I'm hoping that will be the trick...GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    When I got pregnant with DD, I did IUI in doc's office about 36hrs past first positive surge. Only did one, my RE will only do one per cycle and it took. Best of luck!! Sounds good!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies -

Back into the RE tomorrow - I'm definitely uncomfortable at thsi point but that's a good sign I guess cause I'm all fulled up of eggies =)

SO hoping for that trigger!

Trying not to get my hopes up too far on this cycle~!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just averaged out the timing of BFP ladies who did 1 vial IUI - the average time is 30 hours post.....that's the time I was thinking of going with....so I guess that's it!
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    With my last IUI I asked my DR if we should do back to back IUI's and they told me that with good timing and good sperm count one is all you need. And they were right!
    If you are responding well to the meds and have good size follies then you should be good.
    For me 36hrs after trigger worked.

Good luck!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg