Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Nervous...did all the swimmers leak out???

hspiggy79hspiggy79 Posts: 71
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I am a newbie and have to thank all of you for your honest and detailed posts. I was patiently waiting for my smiley and of course it was later. Finally got it last night and did my 1st insem. this morning at 6:30. It was such a weird process and so unnatural. I am nervous that the swimmers leaked out! After pulling out the syringe I had some leakage...is that normal or has anyone ever experienced that? We are doing another insem. later tonight so I want to be sure I get it right!! I am hoping our timing is ok!! Any help/advice would be great.

Comments

• Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    Yeah i felt like i wasted a whole vial last month when it all leaked down my butt, it wad gross! the second insem for the cycle all stayed in, i still didnt get pregnant though
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We didn't have any leakage at any of our inseminations, so I'm not sure about that. Our syringes were super thin (like syringes diabetics use, just minus the needle) and nothing came out with them. Maybe try to prop your butt up on a pillow to get things at a better angle. Hopefully the next one will go better for ya!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We are not going to use the catheter this time...wondering if that caused the problem. We have IUI vials. Did you all use the catheter or no? I will prop up more tonight too!
  • Options
    sugar&spice4mesugar&spice4me Posts: 28
    edited November -1
    Are you using fresh or frozen? I've been using fresh and I swear it always feels like most of it comes out maybe thats why I have yet to get a BFP with fresh yet (two first time BFP with frozen).I have tried to use the instead cup for the second time recently but I know I still lost of some/alot it because they are so big (the Instead cup) and I can't manage to get it in without any spillage.I just keep telling myself it only takes one swimmer to get to the right place to get a BFP.Wishing you lots of luck!
    3rh1wdetf.png
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We just used ICI vials and the syringe (and a tiny bit of preseed). The catheter might have caused the leaking (but I'm sure others who have used them can be more help there). With IUI vials, there's so little in there, I can't imagine it leaking out. ICI vials have more and it was still such a small amount. Did you use preseed? If so, maybe it was the preseed you were seeing/feeling.

How did last night's go?
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    nervouswrecknervouswreck Posts: 379
    edited November -1
    NO they are still there. If they weren't still in there then we wouldn't have so many of these teenage girls coming up pregnant.
  • Options
    peppyjdpeppyjd Posts: 114
    edited November -1
    I've noticed that when using a speculum while doing the actual insemming, there is more leakage when removing the speculum. Also I have noticed that there is less leakage when we use a generous amount of preseed. Also, a quick depression of the plunger will cause more leakage.
    DP to 2moms2be
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    If you have good CM, when you introduce things in there, it breaks it loose and will seem like a lot of stuff is coming out. There may be a tiny bit of swimmer juice coming out too but not enough to worry about if you have it up near your cervix, are not standing upright, push the plunger slowly and remove the syringe slowly... :-) Don't worry, many many women get pregnant every day by having sex the old fashioned way, jumping up immediately afterwards and even peeing right away!! :-D
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    babydreamingbabydreaming Posts: 258
    edited November -1
    I usually have CM leak out quite a bit. No real leakage from the swimmers because I do not see them come out of my OS. However, the amount I get come out is a lot sometimes because the speculum is just gathering it while we do the insemination and then pulls it out. Its uncomfortable and I always think there's leakage but DH is confident none come out of my OS after he inseminated me. We go really, really slow to avoid leakage, something we have learned from experience.
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    We always had some leakage with when doing the ICI. Especially when removing the speculum. Obviously it didn't matter in the end :-)
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the words of advice! It went much better the second time. We are using frozen IUI samples. We did not use the catheter the second time and it was much easier. Hopefully enough got to where it needs to be! THANKS AGAIN!