Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Probability of twinning?

JaisJais Posts: 384
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So the thing is my mom is an identical twin and her twin had fraternal twins. Their younger brother had fraternal twin boys. My dads' side of the family is the same way. He had a brother and sister who were twins, and the female twin had twins too. So what do you think?

And if that is the case then should I wait another couple of months? I am graduating in December and I can't see myself walking around campus with twins. I am about 120 so it would be weird for me. Oh and I am Black and I know that our race has a higher rate of twins...go figure huh?

Comments

• Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not a twin...however I have a set of identical twin girls, I lost a set of triplets and my brother has fraternal twin boys. I was not on any fertility meds and they were all conceived the "old fashion" way lol. Also I was 20 when I had my twins and 23 when I lost the triplets.
    Good luck
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies. I guess I will see what I come up with. Genes are crazy right???
  • Options
    nervouswrecknervouswreck Posts: 379
    edited November -1
    I know that they say that identical twins aren't genetic, but I know one family with a strange identical twin thing going on. My friends mother was an identical twin, she had a set of identical twins (one my friend) and then my friends daughter got pregnant with a set of identical twins.Maybe it is some sort of enviromental thing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There are always exceptions right nervouswreck? I just wonder if I am one of them.