Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Progesterone?

ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Well, AF came on with a vengance last night and squashed any hope.... I just got off the phone with my doc. Before he gave me my bloodwork results, he launched into this huge explanation of numbers/results and how they can be "off," what they mean, etc.

I was so anxious about my results, I couldn't absorb what he was saying. All I got out of it was progesterone level 5.6. I know he mentioned that I might not be ovulating, that I could have miscarried, etc.

WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?!?! I'm supposed to go in for another round tomorrow. This time he will check thyroid and another "p" word. Do you know what else he would be testing for?

I am so embarrassed and frustrated that I can't remember everything he said....it was in the middle of my craziest class, and I was trying to keep them from chewing on the wiring...

Comments

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Your progesterone does sound low...which can interfere with ovulation.
    The other hormone he is likely testing for is prolactin which is part of usual CD3 bloodwork testing that is done to determine fertility. Increased levels of this hormone can also interfere with regular ovulation (this can also be a sign of PCOS).

I would certainly move forward with bloodwork for a fertility check up...
    Just know if these things are an issue for you there are options and perhaps you may just need a little help (i.e. clomid, etc) to get your sticky BFP.
    Hang in there! Best of luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    Prolactin! That's it...thanks!

Well, here's hoping that nothing is TOO wrong! Guess I will be on pins and needles til tomorrow afternoon!
  • Options
    A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    My progesterone was also 5.6 and the OB put me on 200mg of prometrium.
    All the numbers the give you can be overwhelming, be sure to ask questions!

Good LUCK!
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart