Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

opk ?

hope313hope313 Posts: 38
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Today is the 3rd day in a row that I have a positive opk. I know it doesn't mean much after the first one, but do you think there is a chance I haven't ovulated yet??
ttc.png

Comments

• Options
    ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For 3 of the past 6 months I have had a positive OPK for 3 days in a row. My thought is that I catch it on the way up, surge for a day, then catch in again on the way down. I almost always ovulate the first day I test negative after a few days of positives. I only know this because my temp rises two days after my last +OPK.

I found some really great charts online that helped me visualize it. This one was the most helpful. Not sure if it helpos you at all...

800px-Luteinizing_hormone_%28LH%29_during_menstrual_cycle.png
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's completely normal to keep getting a positive OPK for several days after the first. Some will only get a positive for a few hours, but most are positive for a few days. Like the previous poster said, you probably just caught the start of the surge and it has to work its way up and back down before the OPK will be negative again.
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    You might not have ovulated yet but not because you are still "surging". If they match up, it would be purely coincidental. The length of time it takes for the surge to drop back down has absolutely no correlation with when you ovulate... the surge signals that your body is gearing up to ovulate and every woman's body is different as to how quickly the LH drops back down. HTH's...
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg