Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Anyone use the Fertility Monitor?

A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I am thinking of purchasing the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor and wondered what you all thought about it?

Is it worth purchasing?

I have been using earlypreganancy.com OPKs and digi's but never get a positive.
Me (38) TTC
Wife of 6 years to Becky
Oct 2011 BFN
May 2012 BFN
July 2012 BF?
My Ovulation Chart

Comments

• Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I've heard that they work best for couples using fresh sperm. Have you tried using the clear blue easy digital opk's (aka: smilies)?
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes tried those and every once in a while I get a smiley, maybe every 3 months or so. I think my surge is really short that's why I am missing the smilies.
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hmmm...how often do you test? With the CBEFM you only test once a day, so I'm not sure this would be the route to go if you have a short surge.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh didn't realize that about once a day. Ha I test everytime I go to the restroom so several times a day.

Should I be holding for a few hours before I POAS?
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    depends on how often you pee! I wouldn't drink an excessive amount of liquids during your O window...it could maybe dilute the LH in your urine (but certainly don't dehydrate yourself either). I'd hold it for as long as you can without making yourself too uncomfortable.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks girl! I will do that.
    By the way ya are so cute! :)

Do you two have names picked out for the baby?
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We are thinking about Griffin Oliver. We aren't telling any friends or family, but I think it's safe to share here. :)
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I love it!!! I'll keep the secret *wink*
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    kyhome123kyhome123 Posts: 93
    edited November -1
    I thought I was going to die waiting to pee. The day I got my smiley I had peed when I woke up and then again at 9:30 before I left the house. When I got back at 12:30 I tested and didn't get a smiley. I then realized that I had only waited 3 hours. I held my pee and tested at 4:30 and got a smiley. I think if I would have waited the whole 4 hours I would have gotten my smiley earlier so I inseminated that night at midnight. Hoping I got it right - still in the 2WW.

A&B - Are you going to try with 1855 again?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh well I have been doing it all wrong oops hehe!

Yes, going to try with him again, hope he has some available. You using 1855?
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes I would totally use 1855 again. I'm in the tww now. Hoping I'm pregnant. I feel like we did everything right. I'm having all kinds of symptoms but could be just imagining them you know? I can't wait to test :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Awesome ky! Can't wait to see your BFP
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Ok, I'm confused... If you use the smiley kind of opk's dont you also have to buy some kind of machine thing with it. ANd then you only can test with the smiley's once a day? It seems like everyone loves the smiley thing but don't you then have to buy extra opk's to get you through all the other times per day that you are testing?
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Not to thread jack- but palegreen I love Griffin!! That was on my list for boy names I was going to spell it: Gryffin, as in Gryffindor. I am a Harry Potter loser!! lol But if it's a boy we are going to name him Bronx Avery!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, I just bought the jumbo pack of digital OPK's from Amazon and used them every four hours (while holding my pee and when you have had 4 kids that IS not easy). No special machine.
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Thanks Kyhome,

You bought the jumbo pack of clear blue easy smiley's or generic kind?

I have not had any kids and I can barely hold my pee for 1 hour....
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought the clear blue easy. I figured for what we are spending on sperm I wasn't going to scrimp a few dollars on OPK's. I got 20 on amazon for $23 or so. I used the cheapie ones I also got on amazon for like 40 for $10 or something for days up to CD 12 or so.

I swear the pee holding is the hardest part of the whole thing :) I am feeling pretty knocked up but I went ahead and put another pack of smileys, preseed (we didn't use it this time) and a thermometer in my amazon cart. If/when AF rears her ugly head I will sadly check out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Funny how we do that, we preplan although we are hoping we don't have to go to the checkout page! I do that too.
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We relied heavily on the CBEFM. I say get it. It helps you narrow down your window and you know you don't have to start using opks until you get a high bar! Also, it gives you something to do everyday when ttc. For me, I needed that to stay focused. It's worth the money. It worked for us - and we're lesbians who both got pregnant using the same monitor (albeit lots of other methods and techniques included).
    age.png

age.png