Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Day 11 u/s UPDATED AT THE END

TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
edited March 2011 in Trying to Conceive
Well Ladies Im back in the game after my Ectopic.

Day 11 ultrasound reveals three follies two 16mm and a 13.5mm. Nurse said my lining looked GREAT.
So I go back on Sunday for another u/s. Hopefully trigger and have my IUI Monday or Tuesday.
I bought four vials sent them to the RE office so Im set!

Just a quick question for those who use an RE. I ordered ICI because that was what they had on hand. Has anyone ever asked for a vial to go? lol So I have the IUI in the office and ask for a vial of ICI to go and use an instead cup. The unwashed stuff lives longer so I could extend my coverage.....
54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png

Comments

• Options
    hope313hope313 Posts: 38
    edited November -1
    I don't have any answers, but I am happy that you are now able to move forward! Best of luck!
    ttc.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Is your doctors office washing a vial of ICI for them to do an IUI with? I had a horrible experience with this when I ordered them because like you that was what was available of the donor I had chose. When the office washed them it killed most of the sperm, they did a second vial and the same thing happened. It was not a successful IUI. I'm always leary when people tell me they are doing this. Maybe if they look at it after washing and it doesn't look good you could work out a way to use the other 3 vials ICI over the next day or so.

But, yes on the next cycle I didn't want to bother wasting another vial to do an IUI and kill all the swimmers again so (on a Saturday morning no less) my doctor met me at her office and gave me a vial. I put it in my bra and drove the 7 minutes home and did the insem.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    No answers, but I am so happy for you that you get to move forward and all is looking good!!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wahoo!!!! GREAT response, three follies!!!! I'm IUI'ing today - I've got 2 a little over 20 (or they were yesterday) and one just over 11 - so unless that one really ramped up, we'll have two for sure.

I've always done it there - I can say that as far as maybe washing a frozen sample our RE said it can be done but that the samples don't come out as well as they would have if it had been done prior to freezing.

Best of luck to you Trish!!! What meds are you on?
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dang shanny I called and asked the lab at the Fertitliy Center and she said people "do it all the time" and the amount of swimmers you loose is "negligible". Im soooooo not going to be happy if I loose a ton. I did order 4 tho just incase something were to happen. Ill have to see what happens in the wash. =( My RE is 45 minutes away. So I was thinking an instead cup. Or my folks house. They are 20 min away.

Praying.for.a.miracle
    Im on 5mg of Femara days 3-7 The Femara is to produce more follicles since Im older.
    54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    just a note about washing the sperm. My RE's office does it even tho the vial's I had were already IUI ready. I never lost a great amount of sperm and my counts were always 24 million and one time 30 million AFTER the wash!
    Good luck, this cycle sounds great!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GaBee - good to know!!

Trish - I did Femara too this past cycle, they said it was more helpful for PCOS'ers than Clomid.
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well its done. Went in this am for ultrasound three follies 21,20,18. Had to wait 2 hrs for the Doc to come in but I live 45min away so it was just as easy to hit up starbucks for breakfast rather than go home. Had my IUI at 11am, intense O cramps at 4pm. Timing seems perfect. I lost A LOT in the washing. 4 mil was final count. The lab tech said it was fine they look for anything over 3mil and it just takes one. The IUI puts them at the top of the uterus so they dont have far to go.

I was very disapointed and probably wont ever order ICI for an IUI again. She said IF I need to do it again I can request to have two vials washed to bolster counts. I have three more vials in storage at the RE office.

O and the Doctor said "you know you have three mature follicles and the chance for tripletts is 1 in 500, are you ok with that?" GULP I guess so. LOL Hoping for one, two would be great. God Help me if I have three as a SMBC. =)

Back in the TWW !!!!!
    54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    good luck sounds like a good IUI and can't wait for your two weeks to be over and you announce your BFP!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Luck! Can't wait to hear about your BFP!
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    2moms2be2moms2be Posts: 226
    edited November -1
    So glad you got in today! Come on BFP!
    Try#1 BFN Try#2 BFN Try#3 BFN Try#4 BFN Try#5 BFN Try#6 BFN Try#7 (after 8 months off) BFP!!! We are MOMS!
    475374_4381287044509_1614899970_o.jpg
    ojalm5.png
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    congrats trishlettes! i am so happy you're back in it :-)
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Waiting to see your BFP in a couple weeks (or a little less!) :-) Good luck!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yay! So glad to hear that they worked with you and got you the IUI yesterday! =)
    wMgFm5.png
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    This is so your month! Didn't jenoglv have some bad sperm count the month she got pregnant? It makes for a better story. Eh, it really doesn't matter... you are soo pregnant right now!!
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    hope313hope313 Posts: 38
    edited November -1
    I am so happy for you!
    ttc.png
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    YAY! I'm so happy that you have 3 good follies!!! Sending all sorts of sticky, joyful baby dust your way. I can't wait to see your BFP!
    mommaandme-1.jpg