Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

3.17.11 US (cd 12)

care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
yesterday's US was disappointing. here's what we've done this cycle:

DAYS 3-8: 75 Bravelle

DAY 9: US, follicles not maturing, increase dose to 150 Bravelle

DAYS 9-11: 150 Bravelle

DAY 12: US, still nothing, doc says body is not responding well to medication, new plan to switch to 5 mg Femara (DAYS 12-16) and 75 Bravelle DAYS 16 & 17, next US DAY 18

Not looking promising this month.

I know that the time line is looking pretty long, but i have never had regular periods due to PCOS so my cycles are not usually of regular length anyway. RE says that the cycle will be longer, however he thinks its wise rather than keeping me on Bravelle and experiencing an explosing of mature follies. So, we shall see what happens next week, i guess. pretty bummed.
093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg

Comments

• Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the support and congratulations!
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey hey! Wanted to say I'm sorry - I know how much it stinks - it's like we expect that the shots are gonna make it happen, and when they don't... =(.

Our BFP cycle with DD we used Clomid and 150iu Bravelle - 1st month BFN, second month BFP - exact same protocol.

Since then for #2 we did a few cycles straight Follestim because RE didn't think I truly responded that well on the Clomid - well I really responded poorly that way and two BFN's.

This cycle we did Femara instead of Clomid cause RE said that research has shown its a bit more effective in people with PCOS - I should also add that this time around I'm on Metformin too - never been on that before. Then added in 150iu of Bravelle, and things are a cooking....

Is this the first month for you on shots? Sometimes it is a bit of trial and error for them to figure out what dosage is right for you because they don't want to guess wrong and overstimulate you, ya know?

Keep the faith they will find the right mix for you it can and WILL happen!!!

Keep us posted, ask any questions - best of luck to you!
    wMgFm5.png