Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

How many cycles did it take you? HELP!!!!

luvlee2luvlee2 Posts: 6
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I tried 3 cycles before I found out that I had low Progesterone. I've now tried 3 cycles with the Progesterone supplement and still BFN! I will have my 7th IUI cycle in 2 weeks. I'm starting to feel very frustrated. I had a HSG that was perfect! I also have some blood tests in 2 days that may give me some more answers to my hormone levels. However, my cycles are perfect and I've never had an irregular pap or anything odd. Someone please give me some success stories on 6 or more cycles and a BFP! I want my first child so bad!!!
Finally BFP July 19, 2011, after 18 cycles of trying, 10 IUI cycles!!!! Our son was born March 20, 2012!! We can't wait to add to our family!

Comments

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    My wife and I tried 9 cycles total before getting our BFP that stuck...I'm due to deliver our son any day. :-)
    6 at-home AI, 2-3 vials per try...all BFN except one BFP that ended in miscarriage.
    We moved onto doc assisted IUI's after that. 1 vial per cycle and IUI at OB office at 24 hrs past +OPK. 3 tries total that way...one BFN, one BFP that again ended in miscarriage, and then finally our sticky BFP...that cycle we added Femara CD 5-9 due to the prior miscarriages.

Never give up hope! My wife and I wouldn't change a thing looking back...incredibly hard journey but so worth it in the end.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I really appreciate your story! We've been TTC for 15 months total. We resorted to DS when we found out DH has zero swimmers from the VR. It's been a long 15 months, but an even longer 6 months with the donor. I was so sure that I would be pg the first month or 2 with real swimmers!
    You used OPK's, any other techniques??? Advice?

P.S. Congratulations!!!
    Finally BFP July 19, 2011, after 18 cycles of trying, 10 IUI cycles!!!! Our son was born March 20, 2012!! We can't wait to add to our family!
  • Options
    JCAlaskaJCAlaska Posts: 251
    edited November -1
    We got pg on our 4th cycle, but miscarried. 4 cycles is supposedly average. Don't get discouraged yet. Hope the tests help answer some questions.
    J & J in Alaska - 4th TTC created our little one. Miscarried at 10 wks 4 days on 12/1/10. Tried many more times then took a break for a couple of years to get healthy. We're BACK!! :)
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Luvlee2, I just wanted to send you some (((HUGS))) and let you know I feel for you... My husband and I have been TTC for about 9 years now and the last 5ish years, we have known it was my husband who had low sperm. I too hoped desperately, after we switched to DS that I would get pregnant very soon but we've been at this for a year now and only 1 chemical. It's heartbreaking, discouraging and the hardest thing I've ever gone through but I refuse to give up. I hope you get your BFP very soon!

Hope this isn't too personal of a question... I have a reason for it, I promise!! :-) I just wanted to ask if you are abstaining from sex with your husband while you are in the fertile time? The reason is that sometimes when men have had a vasectomy or have a low sperm count, their semen gives off sperm antibodies that actually kills sperm. I just thought I would mention it in case you hadn't heard of that before - as that might be making it harder for you to get pregnant with donor sperm. We usually abstain for about 48 hours before I think I may be ovulating and for at least 48 hours after I do my last insem. It's a small price to pay for a chance at this working, especially if you are spending the big bucks for sperm! There is a thread on here somewhere about others' experiences with this. Certainly not saying that has anything at all to do with your lack of success but wanted to mention it in case, because if I can help you get the bfp by speaking up, I will do it!! :-) Good luck!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    fifth cycle for us, but it can be so different from person to person
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    HopingForBFPHopingForBFP Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    Not much help, but it took me 37 cycles until I got pregnant with Sydnee. None of my IUI cycles worked, just home insems.
    Good Luck this next cycle!
    8688290472_8f0eb25fa6_z.jpg
    age.png
    9346155527_f7f126c056.jpg
    age.png
    BFP- 8/9/09 at 10DPO, after 4 years TTC. Sydnee born on April 14th 2010. BFP #2 at 11DPO 9/29/12. Due 6/11/13
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    different for everyone. me: second cycle, took 4 months total as i had 2 months off to get hormones back in range. dp: third cycle, took 5 months total as she had to take 3 months off to get hormones back in range. there are several conditions that can cause you not to get pregnant and you wouldn't even know w/o bloodwork. good luck with that.

we are now ttc #3 and have gone through more bloodwork to make sure dp's levels are all ok to ttc.

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    It took us 5 cycles, but we used 12 vials over the course of those 5 cycles.
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm on my 7th cycle over 8 months. I've had 5BFN's cause one cycle was canceled and we didn't insem.
    I've done 5 RE assisted IUI's and this is my first at home.
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    it was our 4th cycle, no meds. after not getting pregnant the first 3 times with donor #1, we decided to switch and got pregnant right away with donor #2. so now i am a big fan of "3 strikes, you're out"! don't know if that is applicable and/or of any interest to you...
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Chrysanthemum- I'm sorry we are in the same boat. It's not a good place to be in...seeing all those stark white HPT's. I hope that both of us see 2 pink lines really soon! Thanks for sharing your journey.

Emn'sar- I did the first 4 cycles with one donor and switched for the 5th and 6th cycle. Maybe I need to switch again...maybe I need to give these swimmers a chance to prove their strength! ;)