Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

HCG Trigger ??

FaithHopeLoveFaithHopeLove Posts: 59
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I am looking for experiences with HCG trigger shots. How did you/MD time shot and IUI?
Did you time it based on OPKs? We are considering adding a trigger. I have read some MDs trigger at +OPK and then IUI 24-36 hours later. Does a trigger PREVENT you from ovulating before the 24-36 hours? I am not sure exactly how soon after + OPK I ovulate, but I know some women O soon after. Ohhh....life would be so much simpler if I would just get pregnant!

Comments

• Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    My experiences with the trigger shot was the two cycles that the IUI was done 24 and then 27 hrs AFTER the trigger shot I got a BFN.
    But I got a BFP with an IUI 36 hrs AFTER trigger shot, that ended in an early Miscarriage.
    My last (and successful) cycle I had an IUI done 37hrs AFTER trigger and I requested a Ultrasound right before my IUI to see if my eggs had released yet and they were minutes away from releasing.
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg