Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

BFN???

PATLORI08PATLORI08 Posts: 7
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok, tell me please if this has ever happened to you. This was our first attempt at AI and now we are not sure what to think. We DTD on March 3rd. It is now the 20th, and I am 6 days past the start date for AF. I have taken a HPT and it says BFN. So, what is going on? Has anyone else been this late after their AI? Any answers would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    First do you test by OPK to ensure you ovulated when you inseminated? The reason I ask is because we were off by a few days so AF was late but not really late. Are you temping?
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, we are using the OPK but not temping. Figured we would try temping this time if we ended up with a BFN
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    It is very common to be late when TTC, but you are still in the game till AF shows up.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the support. We would rather have a BFP, but at this point we will settle for any answer. That way we know whether we have to try again or not. It is just so frustrating to wake up every morning and still no AF. That's a good thing, but the negative HPT's just bring us back down every time.
  • Options
    babydreamingbabydreaming Posts: 258
    edited November -1
    i would go for a blood test. some people do not test + on a HPT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We thought about going for one but wanted to wait for a few more days just in case the timing was off somewhere. We have checked and re checked the timing and everything is right on, as far as we can tell. I guess all we can do is pray that AF stays away!!
  • Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    My sister and her husband just found out they are pregnant and she had tested negative until 20dpo. Her period was late and she kept testing and getting BFNs. ANd then finally she got the BFP. So I hope this happens to you also.
    Baby Dallas born 11/27/13

IMG_9532_zpsff82306d.jpg
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    how long is your normal luteal phase and what day did you ovulate?
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, still not sure what to think. No positive, still negative tests, but 9 days past the start day for Af. I think if something doesn't show by Friday, I will be going and asking for a blood test. What do you all think? Wait for a sign or go?
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    I would definitely go for a blood test!! :-) Good luck - I hope you get you BFP!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    I would definitely go get blood work Today! !!! Don't wait until Friday. If u go today you would have the results tomorrow. If you go tomorrow you typically won't get the results until Monday. Good luck!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Our first cycle of AI I was 7 days late and was not pregnant. It was just nerves that cause AF to be late. I did go in for a blood test just to make sure. It eased my mind alot!
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I would also go for blood work today, that way you can repeat blood work on Friday, if needed.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, just wanted to update. We are now 13 days late for AF. Tried to have bloodwork done, but nobody wants to order it! Still negative HPT's. I feel like we are stuck and no where to turn. We thought it was over yesterday, very little spotting and we thought AF was on her way. After some tears and figuring it was a failure, we have had nothing for the rest of the night or this morning. Now I am starting to get really worried about her. I know it is too late for implantation bleeding so my mind is wandering towards other, not so nice, ideas.
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    Your OBGYN won't order bloodwork? What about primary care physician? Darn that totally stinks! Sorry that this is such a rough time- wishing you lots of luck and hoping you get some answers soon!
  • Options
    LauranLauran Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    Why in the world would a doctor not order blood work in this situation? It's not as if the doctor has to pay for it.

*scratching head*

Did they give you any indication that they would do that for you at a later date if AF still does not show up and HPTs are still negative?
    8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg
  • Options
    aprok3aprok3 Posts: 569
    edited November -1
    we didnt get our bfp until 17 dpo