Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Confused

BabyLove4BabyLove4 Posts: 49
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
This is my first month getting a smiley (after taking 100mg) of Clomid. I have been temping all along, but I haven't ovulated, therefore I have never gotten a temp spike. I got my first positive OPK on Wed. Positive all day Thursday. Negative on Friday. My cervix was high and open and lots of CM on wed and Thursday. Drying up on Friday. I had what I thought was major ovulation pain Thursday evening. My temp did a big dip on Wed. (my average temp is 97.70). But here is where I get confused. My temp came back up, but hovered around my normal temp (was 97.23 on wed, went to 97.6 on Thursday, 97.55 on sat, 97.51 on Sunday) and then this morning was 98.3!!! So clearly I got a temp spike, which I am assuming means confirmed ovulation. But the major temp spike was 3 days later than when I thought I ovulated (and when Fert. Friend says I ovulated, also Thursday). Is that normal. Does a temp spike this morning mean I ovulated last night? So confused....

But- so excited bc I think it is pretty obvious that I did actually ovulate!!! : )
~Beth

30, SMBC. Dreaming of my beautiful baby....

Comments

• Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Hmmmm .... I don't know much about Clomid other than it DOES delay O for many women.

That said, you probably did ovulate on Wednesday night. The fact that your temps didn't immediately jump above coverline is a little curious, but definitely not a deal breaker. I've had several months where I have a definite dip, and then return to kind normal the next day, and then only a slight increase for the next day, and THEN the big jump on the third day. In fact, this is how March went for me:

3/13 97.5 (normal)
    3/14 96.8 (dip)
    3/15 96.7 (dip maintained **** ovulation ****)
    3/16 97.6 (rise back to normal-ish)
    3/17 97.7 (only a slight increase)
    3/18 98.0 (still a little low, but much closer to my normal post-O temps)

So, I kinda saw a similar pattern as you did this month. Some months it's a drastic rise after O, and some months it's a slow rise after O.
    Keep in mind, these things could affect your temps on ANY day:
    - sleeping with your mouth open (temps will be artificially low)
    - alcohol consumption (temps will be artificially high)
    - new exercise routine (metabolises hormones differently ... which affects hormone levels ... which affects temps)
    etc, etc ....

Hope this helps ; )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    BabyLove4BabyLove4 Posts: 49
    edited November -1
    Thank you SO much for taking the the time to reply! I guess I just thought you were supposed to get the drastic temp rise right after ovulation (not a few days later). I do sleep with my mouth open I think. That's good to know that that can make your temp lower. I am going to go with my bodily instinct and assume I ovulated when I think I did! I'm excited for next month now!!

Thank you thank you! : )
    ~Beth

30, SMBC. Dreaming of my beautiful baby....