Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Florida Meetup

rharris80rharris80 Posts: 43
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
As the other ladies are making hotel arrangements, I wanted to start another thread for the actual meetup!

I have posted (on C&A's original meetup thread) about meeting at Blanchard Park in Orlando. It's a beautiful park and if everyone is interested, I can reserve a pavillion for all of us by the playground. The pavillion also comes with a grill so we could make a whole day of it - if you're interested.

There are also a few splash parks in the same area that we could go to instead.

Let me know your thoughts/suggestions on this - either way, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!
Becky

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I'm still deciding on hotel options (mostly because my IRS check may not be in for a few more weeks!) but in looking at locations, I see that Blanchard Park is about 40 minutes from the resort that Shaeley Mae targeted. If the resort hotel is a go, could we use that as the base for our meetup? It looks like they have a beautiful family-friendly pool and restaurant right there on site ...
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's definitely an option! I only selected Blanchard Park because I've been wanting you all to meet there for a while now. But all suggestions are welcome! :0)
    Becky
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited March 2011
    I was definitely thinking that the hotel pool would be a great location for the meet-up (because they DO allow unlimited vistors for each guest .... and there is a snack and tiki bar poolside ; ). But, the problem with that is that we won't be guest until we check-in ...... which is 4:00pm.
    So, unless anyone else is interested in sharing a condo with me Friday night too (in addition to Saturday night), none of us will technically be "guests" during the Saturday meet-up.
    That said, the park might be a great idea ..... but I think Zen made a good point ...... the location, on a Saturday morning, would mean and extra 30-45 minute drive for everyone.

What about something like this in the Dr Phillips area? Not a tremendous amount of shade, but if we start early it should be tolerable. Or, we can just just keep Googling local parks until we find something else we like ....?
    http://www.myteamconnect.com/PageManager/Default.aspx/PageID=2072115&NF=1
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hadn't thought about the check in time. Sent an email off to the resort asking what their policy is regarding early check-ins and/or use of amenities!

Update - received email from the hotel:

"We can not guarantee an early check in. We do offer luggage storage, and yes, you may use the resort amenities if you wish. Thank you for choosing our resort."
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Zen -

Thank you for checking that out! I think it's a great idea to meet at the resort pool!

Anyone else have any thoughts on this??
    Becky
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Sounds good to us :)
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I keep going back and forth on a theme park while there. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We have Sea World and Aquatica passes, if anyone is interested in either of those parks. :)
    Becky
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I really like Disney but omg Sea World is so much less expensive with the pass option!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    LIke I had mentioned previously, this is my B-Day weekend so I am trying to meet up w/you all. Parks or No parks works for me. Like many of you, I am a Passholder too. (at all large Parks in the area). I counldn't afford to go to all these Parks if I wasn't a passholder! I stay a while, have fun & leave. ;) If I am unable to make it this meet-up, I would love to make the next one. (not that I am giving up yet!)
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey ladies -

I haven't been around in a while because I've been working 60 - 80 hours per week! : (

I want to check in and find out if the meetup is still a go. I think it was decided to have the meetup at the hotel that Shaeley Mae suggested? I also forgot what the dates are - so if someone could please refresh my memory. :0)

I hope everyone is well!
    Becky
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    We are meeting up at the hotel Shaely Mae had mentioned. There was a sticky about it on this page but not sure what happened to it?? As of right now, Shaely, us and jdiana have a room. Even though we cannot check in until the afternoon we can use their amenities whenever we get there so we'll have to decide on whatever time we all want to meet up there and use the pool and hang out.
    We can't do a park right now so hopefully everyone might meet up at the hotel Saturday May 14th and maybe whoever wants to hit a park can do so on Sunday the 15th??
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Yes, it's still a go!! I hope you guys can make it!!
    The thread with all the details got move up to the top, as a sticky.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know where the sticky went so we may need a new one! Or I can sticky this one? Very much looking forward to this little weekend getaway!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png