Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

update on me, TTC & health

Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So I had ANOTHER UTI the week of my period (3-10 thru 3-16) that was just awful then I ended up in the ER Friday night with what I can only explain as bad chest pain that radiated into my back. Let me tell you, our local hospital ER was slow when I brought my 2 yr. old in with a temp of 104 last winter...,but chest pain is a different story. They worked quickly, and ruled out a heart attack.
They did however think it was a pulmonary embolis, it was not. But they are still trying to rule out blood clots. Obviously, I don't have one in my heart or lungs...I would be typing this if I did!
They took a BUNCH of blood, did two x-rays and and ultrasound. I opted not to do the catscan. The bloodwork came back okay, except for the d-dimer, it was high. Anyone ever have this test done with abnormal results? This test is what is making them think I have a blood clotting problem.
I called my doc this moring to set up and appointment for a follow-up. She is worried about me becoming pregnant right now, she wants me to get this figured out before TTC :(
All I can say is I am pissed, sad and somewhat worried. If I do have a blood clotting problem, will I be able to carry and delivery another baby? I hate the unknown, I am very impatient.
So now the questions begin: Should I just give up and be happy with the beautiful children I have? Should I figure out the problem, get it treated and still TTC? Is it a really high risk situation?
I don't know...I guess time will tell.

Comments

• Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may have to go on blood thinners for a while till your d-dime is back normal. I would definitely listen to your dr on this one.
    I would try to get the problem fixed (so you can be there for the kids you have) and then depending on how long that takes, and how you feel then you could resume TTC.
  • Options
    Autumn&RyanAutumn&Ryan Posts: 157
    edited November -1
    Yes, I agree...*sigh*
  • Options
    Hopeful2010Hopeful2010 Posts: 134
    edited November -1
    You can definitely still carry with a blood clotting problem, or I should say, usually. You just need to figure it all out first. My friend had a blood clotting problem and when I conceived my 2nd ds she also got a BFP, her first one. We were excited to be due around the same time, then she miscarried. Found out it was a blood clotting thing, after miscarrying 2 more. I felt so bad and felt like I couldn't be joyous in my pregnancy. But she finally had one that stuck and she had to give herself a shot 2 or 3 times a day and she did fine. She had a second child also and did the same thing. So at least if it is a blood clotting thing at least you are finding out before extra heartache of miscarriages and you can take proper action to conceive and carry to term. Good luck.