Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

iui with preseed

tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So when we ai and use iui do u girls use preseed? If so how much do u use? And do u need to have a O to help improve conception? And another question should we do the deed the following day to improve conception? I am just trying to learn as much as I can before we jump again to the ttc.
Some day my dreams will come true!

Comments

• Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    no preseed needed for iui.

I'm not sure if having an O after insem is helpful statistically, but I personally think its a good thing.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited March 2011
    We did the IUI at home and did not use preseed. I am not sure if it is safe to use. I don't think it is needed because you are already putting the sperm where it needs to go and preseed is used to help it get to where it needs to go. We based our timing at 22 and 36 hours after smiley. Here is the website that I used to help me. We got out BFP with at home IUI. Good Luck

http://theivp.com/ladybusiness/?p=12
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Why is it not needed?
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you doing ici with an iui vial? if so then use the preseed, if you are doing iui then don't.
  • Options
    babydreamingbabydreaming Posts: 258
    edited November -1
    you cannot introduce preseed into your uterus. It can cause and infection, severe cramps, and problems with your fertility. That is why IUI are washed to eliminate the ejaculate from the sperm.
  • Options
    aghhgghaghhggh Posts: 60
    edited November -1
    Do not put preseed in your uterus!! Don't put anything but IUI washed sperm in your uterus.

If you're using an IUI vial like an ICI vial (just depositing it on the outside of the cervix), then go ahead and use preseed, it will help it live longer. Although if that's your plan, it's better to use an ICI vial if they're available for your donor, since it will live longer.
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Pressed should never get that close to your uterus...your bodies natural cervical fluid is plenty if sperm is introduced into the cervix directly as in an IUI procedure. Preseed only helps for a regular AI done vaginally, especially for women that don't feel they have adequate EWCM which is what allows sperm to remain active and alive as it travels.
    Regarding having an orgasm after insemination...it certainly cant hurt and many sources do say it helps to contract the vagina and cervix after an AI since this can pull some of the sperm further up inside the cervix. The day after won't really have any bearing except to help keep you more relaxed... :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    I agree with everyone else ..... NO PRESSED in the uterus. Preseed was made to preserve swimmers and immitate cervical mucous to help the swimmers make their journey through the cervix. If you do an IUI, then your swimmers will already be past the cervix, so that won't even be a concern for you.
    Also, having an orgasm helps to pull the swimmers from the cervix to the uterus. But again, if your depositing them directly into the uterus, it's kind of a moot point (or rather a "moo" point if you ask Joey, from Friends ; )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks girls maybe that's what we have doing wrong.
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Not sure how much actual 'truth' is in it but recent studies have shown that an orgasm also signals your ovaries that there are little guys on their way and actually helps them get ready to release an egg. ?? I figure it falls in that 'can't hurt ;-) and might help' category!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We used IUI vials as though they were ICI, and so used preseed to help them out a little (not directly into the cervix).

We did the big "O" after insertion the first time, and we had a lot of... err... spillage. Hard to tell how much was sperm, how much wasn't. But we felt like a lot of it was sperm. So the second time, we had our fun FIRST, then put in the swimmers. And we got our BFP that cycle. :)

Good luck!

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    stwrr, its interesting to O before insem. I wonder if O before is a better than after.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png