Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

shiftworkers who temp

aghhgghaghhggh Posts: 60
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I just went back to working nights last week and my schedule's been all types of bizarre lately, so my temping's gotten extra irregular this cycle. I feel so disorganized! Some days I'm up at 5 am, some days I'm up at 3 pm. I skipped temping a bunch of days because I couldn't get enough uninterrupted sleep. Now I'm looking at my chart and cringing at how incomplete it is.

Anyone else with an erratic sleep schedule? Do you still temp? Can you see a pattern? I know it'll get easier once I can get back into a set schedule, but in the meantime I'm crabby and could use some advice.

Comments

• Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was doing shift work and TTC I could not temp. There was no pattern because I had no sleep pattern. I used OPKs and CM and while I was worred about not temping I have two trashing the toy room as I type.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I didnt start temping till recently. The reason I waited was because my sleep patterns are irregular. Its difficult for me to get 3 uninterrupted hours. I often wake up before my alarm.

Anyway I have been temping the first time I wake up that I see light outside the window. Usually around 7:15 ish. All of my temps have been within a 1 and 1/2 hour window. Sometimes I have slept for 3 hour. Other times I got up to pee an hour before.

I am on CD 6 of this cycle my temp has been exactly the same except once it was one tenth of a degree higher. I had DP take her temp a few times just to make sure it was working right and it is. Before AF my temp was usually six tenths to a whole degree higher. So even though I didn't expect it to work, it seems to be working just fine.

Good luck!
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png