Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

If I do get my BFP this month...

minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
My poor kid is screwed!!! I've had intense back pain all week and I have had to take meds for it. Not to mention my anxiety is through the roof and even with acupuncture I can't get any relief. Needless to say, better living through chemistry has been my friend. I almost hope I don't get my BFP so that the kid isn't quite so messed up due to his mom taking medicine when she was trying to get pregnant.
6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo

Comments

• Options
    mknbaby2mknbaby2 Posts: 405
    edited November -1
    Don't beat yourself up over this. Plenty of woman have taken all sorts of meds (or worse) before they knew they we're pregnant and the kids are just fine. You have to take care of yourself now so that you can be healthy for another 9 months if you get your BFP!
    P1050420-1.jpg
  • Options
    rktink13rktink13 Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    I wouldnt worry about it to much. Sometimes pain meds are better than putting stress on the baby from being in to much pain. So even if you do get pregnant I think you will be ok. Good luck
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    Truth be told...and I'm probably horrible for saying this but it was the last thing on my mind. With state testing this week with my students and being in charge of a large portion of it, possible losing staff in the next 2 weeks, having to let a large portion of my staff go in addition to not knowing whether or not I definitely have a job for next year....I'm really okay with the meds :)
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Also, don't forget that if you get your BFP this month, babe does not have a placenta yet, it is self sufficient for the first little bit, so meds you take during teh TWW dn't make THAT much of an impact... I'm all for bettering our chances, but we may as well be realistic too!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I agree with Goobie. You have a little window before the placenta forms, so the medications shouldn't be a problem for the very beginning. Also, if the meds you were taking are narcotics, my OB said narcotic pain relievers are okay because they mimic your body's natural pain endorphins.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    I had a very close friend who had to have a major surgery when she was about 5ish months along. She was so worried about taking meds that might affect the baby that she refused to use the morphine button, even though she was in intense pain. When the Dr. came in, he told her that the medicine was much less harmful for the baby than the stress caused by tensing up and dealing with the pain and she should not be scared to use it! :-) Good luck!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    rktink13rktink13 Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    I agree with palegreen, my doc said the same things about narcotics. I was on a narcotic all through my first pregnancy due to ohhs and my second during the second half of my pregnancy when my lower disks started to grind together causing alot of pain. I think that most doctors will give you a script for a narco before they will say to keep taking tylenol or ibuprofen. But I also know that alof of women arent comfortable because it is possible that it can have harmful effects on the baby but sometimes if you are in alot of pain during pregnancy if you dont take care of the pain then the baby cant handle the stress.
    My Beautiful Babies, I Love Kisses from The Monster! He Doesnt Hand Those Out Much!

DSC_0286-1.gif

DSC_0372-1.jpg