Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Okay...Here we go!!!!!!!!!!! Thoughts?

em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok so after checking for over a week with no luck on getting a surge and the dewer sitting in our bedroom staring at us, I went this morning to our RE to have him do an ultrasound to see WTF!!
Last night DP used a speculum and saw my cervix looked open with some EWCM (but none has come out and when I check with my fingers it is watery and some white) This morning before appt, my OPK test line was slightly lighter then the control so I think I was actually starting a surge as well. He found one very nice looking follicle and said lining looks great, recommended the HCG Trigger Shot and said to insem today and tomorrow. So I got the shot about 9:30am and smiley test at 11:30 was positive so I know it worked.
Now I am trying to nail down our timing..... DD we did IUI 36 hrs after first sign of surge, 4 years ago (I was 32, now 36).
So here are my thoughts: one insemination tonight before bed- like 10pm which would be a little over 12 hrs post trigger shot and 10 hrs post smiley. 2nd Insemination tomorrow evening around 8pm , that one would be about 34 hrs post trigger shot, 36 hrs post smiley.

What do you think? Should that cover us???
If it doesn't take we are getting set up to ship to the REs office for IUI next month, this has just been too insane!

Comments

• Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I dont know anything about the trigger shots, but I just wanted to say good luck. I hope it works perfectly and you get your BFP this month!
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    SweetbabySweetbaby Posts: 237
    edited November -1
    Sounds good to me... try to relax & Good Luck!
    SWEETBABY
    us.jpg

tt1bb251.aspx
    fEKBm6.png
  • Options
    nessandwoodnessandwood Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    My girlfriend and I just did an insem at 36 hours and 48 hours after our opks (she seems to ovulate a little later than normal) but we are going crazy to see if our first time will be our BFP! It really is an exciting time, but it is hard too because all you can do now is sit and wait. After insem she was propped up on a cushion for about two hours each time but we didn't want to move her because we both wanted the little swimmers to find their way to the home land! She had experienced a little lower level of mucus though so we did have to use preseed, do you think that could be a negative sign?
    ttc-journey-1293343200z34z5z0z0z7z5z1z500-6-1-0.png

IMG_0663.jpg
    1/2011 thru 9/2011 = 5 BFNs, 6th -10/22/2011 BFP-ending in misscarriage at 10 wks
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    sounds like a great plan to me!
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    I am planning on using pre-seed too cause my CM has never been very great! Can't wait to here how it goes for you! Good luck to us all!!

Oh and I did some internet searching and saw that preseed can help even with supposedly hostile CM!