Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Beyond TWW

LexnaniLexnani Posts: 398 ✭✭
edited March 2011 in Trying to Conceive
This has been the longest wait . First we had to wait for 2 weeks . Had bloodwork and now more waitng. No Af and test was negative. We decided to wait for Af to come and if it doesn't. Nani will get bloodwork on April 4th... The wait is worth it if we are pregos. If we are not pregos we will try again.. So far Nani is on 33 DPO and no Af. We have read lots on stories of women getting their BFP as late as 33dpo or more and hopefully we are one of them. This is just so stressful.

Comments

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Are you still waiting on blood work results or was the blood test neg?
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nani had bloodwork done at 21dpo and it was negative. The nurse said it was too early to even determine because AF wasn't even a week late. We decided to just wait to April 4th to re-do bloodwork. Just trying to be hopeful. She's still really bloated, gassy, a lot of cm and newest symptom is shortness of breath. Shortness of breath we read is due to a rise in the progesterone. Did anyone thats pregnant feel/felt this way?
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow I would be going bonkers if I had to wait that long. How long is her LP usually?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Her LP is 16..
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hmmm.. Are you sure that she ovulated ...or ovulated late? Lp doesn't really change too much. But here's to hoping she still gets a bfp.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    She defintely ovulated and yes we hope we do get a BFP
  • Options
    edited November -1
    She defintely ovulated and yes we hope we do get a PFP .
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Hmmm, not trying to be a downer or question the mysteries of the human body, but my Dr has always said that just because you get a period, does not mean you ovulated but if you ovulated, you absolutely will get a period. The hormones given off after ovulation, signal your body that it will either be pregnant and if that doesn't happen within a few days, your lining automatically sheds. Did you have hormone testing to see if you actually ovulated or are you going just by a positive OPK? If you are only using opks, there is no guarantee you actually ovulated - your body may have geared up to ovulate and never actually did. I had always seemed to ovulate fine, then the first month I was supposed to try IUI, I did not get a positive ovulation test until almost a week late. We went ahead and did the IUI but two weeks later, no AF. Turns out, I had not ovulated and I had to take meds to start my AF. I hope it means you are pregnant but with a negative blood test, I would be very doubtful. I've been there - trying to keep up the hope but the sooner you find out and are able to get AF, the sooner you can move on to the next cycle and try again!! Good luck, ladies...
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We used the clear blue smilies and yes she definetly ovulated. We have googled this topic so many times and there are so many others in our same position. Some with positive results and some with negative.
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Hope you find out soon... as to one of your earlier questions, yes, I have some shortness of breath from the increase in hormones... and todays latest weirdness (cuz constant MS is not enough) dizziness! Best of luck to you!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Well, I for one, do love to read success stories against the odds!! :-) Hoping I can read about yours very soon!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I have my fingers crossed for your BFP.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    Shortness of breath is a major pregnancy symptom for me. Also lots of watery CM in the first trimester.
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    actually an opk+ is not an absolute guarantee of ovulation. the only really 100% sure way to know is to have vaginal u/s during your cycle to monitor follicle development and then another after presumed ovulation to see if the follicles released any eggs. EVEN then there is no guarantee that the egg released is viable. human conception is a complete crap-shoot.

my dp had several annovuatory cycles where our cbem showed she ovulated but in fact due to her being hypothyroid she had not and then had to take provera to induce af. her hypothyroid condition went undiagnosed for over a year until we started ttc.

i'm not saying this is your case and i do hope you are pregnant...but at this point i doubt that will be the outcome.

good luck!
    g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png