Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

vial ?

care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
This will be our first attempt at ttc with an RE. We have 4 vials in storage at his office we plan to do an IUI (hopefully soon). How many vials should we use? Do we decide or the RE?.
093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    It is completely up to you and what you feel comfortable with. I would personally choose to do two IUI's each using one vial. I think doing the AI two different times insures more coverage of time. Good Luck!!
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Usually a doc assisted IUI is only done with one vial per cycle. That's what we did!
    There is no proof that using more vials for a doc assisted IUI will increase chances if the insem is timed well in relation to ovulation.
    We did 1 vial at 24hrs past +OPK. Within 3 cycles we had 2 BFP's...one miscarriage and the last BFP I'm about to deliver. :-)

Good luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I agree with cocobay
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    Our RE only does 1 IUI per cycle, he said that there was no evidence that more than one increased chances since they do an ultrasound to confirm ovulation and everything. I didn't push it, not sure if they would have done 2 if I had or not. We got BFP with our DD on second try IUI with him.
  • Options
    care&alicare&ali Posts: 362
    edited November -1
    Thank you ladies! Ugh.. On my to what feels like my hundreth US this month.. We'll see how the meds are working, hopefully better than last week. Please send positive vibes! :)
    093bbc9d-2fa9-4ee5-9cf5-b9d31af5141b_4BW.jpg
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Positive vibes coming your way.... Good Luck!!