Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Obsessed? Just a little.

solejeansolejean Posts: 344
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I did my IUI on Monday the 21st and I know it was after ovulation because I did an U/S right before and no follicle. I got my positive OPK on Sunday at 11 AM and must have ovulated that day because my temp was up on Monday. The NP said she would go for it and at 38 I hate to delay at all, but now I am second-guessing. Googling how long an egg can live - when ovulation usually takes place after a positive OPK etc. etc. I am driving myself nuts! I really need to knock it off. LOL Of course I know it's possible that it worked, but I hate to think I just blew about $1000. Plus I got a phone call from a NP at Kaiser (my HMO) and she told me that I am CMV negative and the donor I just used is CMV positive - ooops. Somehow I got it in my head that I was positive. She said not to worry - but that's easy for her to say. This TWW is going to send me over the edge. :) And then the issue of donors - the only fully Mexican donor (my DP's ethnicity) at NW is CMV positive... so do I switch to some other bank and spend more money or pick someone with mixed ethnicity? Luckily that decision is my DP's since I carry I figure she gets to pick the donor. And finally if anyone has information on using Clomid plus injectables that would be great. My NP recommends if this IUI doesn't work that I move to Clomd plus injectables... This cycle is a natural cycle - the last time I used Clomid my cycle was super short - 23 days with a 9 day LP. Anyway, since I am approching 39 in two months I really want to do anything possible to make this process quicker. Thanks for reading - I know I was kind of all over the place, but I really try not to discuss this too much with my DP - she thinks I'm obsessed. Funny, right? :-) So thanks for listening - it feels really good to get these thoughts that are racing around my head out into the real world.
8/10 - BFP MC at 10 weeks, 2/11 BFN, 3/11 BFP (monoamniotic twins lost at 16 weeks), 10/11 BFN, 1/12 BFN, 3/12 BFN, 5/12 BFP MC at 7 weeks, 10/12 BFP chemical, 1/13 BFP chemical, 3/13 BFP chemical, 7/13 BFN, 8/13 BFP and HCG doubling normally. Level at 21 DPO at 5759. It's a girl! Due 5/8/14.

Comments

• Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Google will be the death of me, I swear!! :-) Just remember that with IUI, the swimmers didn't have to spend hours fighting their way up there, so hopefully they were there right when your eggie needed them! Good luck - try not to worry! (I know, easier said than done) Hope you get a BFP in a couple weeks (or a little less!)
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    My RE told me that the egg sticks around for a good 12+ hrs so you may be just fine timing wise. IF it did not take you now know you ovulate soon after a positive OPK.
    I am just as obsessive as you and am in the same boat- can't over talk with DP cause she thinks I get too obsessed about everything!
    Just try to relax, get some exercise, stay busy, read, watch movies, etc and these 2 weeks will pass. We are inseminating for the second time tonight so I am in the same boat.....excited but dreading how slowly the next 2 weeks are going to go!!
  • Options
    solejeansolejean Posts: 344
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the support. It is a nerve wracking wait. I was looking at the cycle when I got pregnant with my son and it looked a lot like this one so I'm a little more hopeful.
    8/10 - BFP MC at 10 weeks, 2/11 BFN, 3/11 BFP (monoamniotic twins lost at 16 weeks), 10/11 BFN, 1/12 BFN, 3/12 BFN, 5/12 BFP MC at 7 weeks, 10/12 BFP chemical, 1/13 BFP chemical, 3/13 BFP chemical, 7/13 BFN, 8/13 BFP and HCG doubling normally. Level at 21 DPO at 5759. It's a girl! Due 5/8/14.