Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Waiting Game!

nessandwoodnessandwood Posts: 162
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Okay so we inseminated on the 19th and I feel like I am going crazy! It wasn't me who is carrying our hopefully soon to be baby, its my girlfriend so I feel like I'm bothering her because I ask her every little question to see if we might be close to a BFN, she doesn't have any symptoms yet but she has had a little bit of a headache as well as a major urge to eat! I know that might not really mean much, but when should we start using our HPTs? I know many people wait the two weeks, but how early can the HPTs really show a BFP?
ttc-journey-1293343200z34z5z0z0z7z5z1z500-6-1-0.png

IMG_0663.jpg
1/2011 thru 9/2011 = 5 BFNs, 6th -10/22/2011 BFP-ending in misscarriage at 10 wks

Comments

• Options
    alp75alp75 Posts: 340
    edited November -1
    I always wait until about 10 dpo- Some ladies get them sooner and some later. Just depends on it if will be very upsetting to see a negative on the test, if so- I would hold out until close to AF is due. Lots of luck!
    angela1_16393.gif
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    I got a positive on day 11 with DD, going to try to hold out until at least day 10 this time around!!!
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    It's unlikely to see a positive test until 7-10 days. Sometimes it takes longer.

During my last TWW it made me feel good that my DP was interested in what was going on. I was emotional and hyperaware of everything I felt. It seemed like I could feel the blood running through my veins. It also helped that if I didnt want to think about it, she rented movies and helped distract me. I love my sweetie...

Maybe you could give her a gentle shoulder/neck massage for the headache. It's really hard to be patient through this.

Good luck!
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited March 2011
    I didn't get a + pregnancy test until 11 dpo, that was with a CBE digital. I tested that same day with a FRER and the test NW sent me with the swimmers. The NW test was very negative and the FRER was so faint I had to stare for like 5 minutes. My DP asked me every question under the sun while we were in the TWW and I loved that she was so into it. I never felt alone. Good Luck ladies!
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    My BFP was on 10DPO, by 11DPO it was WAY clearer, so yes, a day or two makes a huge difference! I have heard of positives at 9DPO, I *think* thats what it was with my daughter 9 years ago, but that was nine years ago, and a different situation, so who REALLY knows?! Have fun in the TWW, it can make you nutsos!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    nessandwoodnessandwood Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    Thanks so much for all the help I will try to just be patient and hope for the best thanks everyone!
    ttc-journey-1293343200z34z5z0z0z7z5z1z500-6-1-0.png

IMG_0663.jpg
    1/2011 thru 9/2011 = 5 BFNs, 6th -10/22/2011 BFP-ending in misscarriage at 10 wks