Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Back on this side again!--Question

LauranLauran Posts: 992
edited March 2011 in Trying to Conceive
My son is 19 months old now and I'm officially trying for baby number 2!

I did an insemination last night/this morning and other than the minor cramping from the baby batter I also seemed to get ovulation pains on the way to work...on both sides. Anyone ever have this happen?

I'm not sure what to think--if I actually ovulated on both sides this month, or it was just more cramping from the insemination, or my PCOS screwing with me.

Anyone??
8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hm...don't know what to think. I'm not on any meds, and usually I feel it on alternating sides.
    8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Welcome back! Hope you get a quick BFP!!

Just a thought, but there's a chance you just felt pains on both sides, but only ovulated from one. My Dr. always says that ovulation pains really don't tell us anything for sure, as they can occur before, during, and/or after ovulation and the pain can be on one or both sides and doesn't necessarily even hurt on the same side as we are actually ovulating from. I used to kind of question that because it just didn't seem right but a little while ago, a close friend of mine started having terrible pains on one side - so bad she ended up in the ER. They found a large cyst on her ovary, but it was on the opposite side than was causing her all the pain! The Dr. who saw her said the exact same thing... our lady parts are rather finicky as far as pain goes... it isn't consistent and isn't usually indicative of anything for sure.

But of course, you may very well have O'd from both sides! :-) It does happen!! Good luck!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for that, Flowergirl!

I think I'm a bit paranoid because fraternal twins run in my family, and that seems like a lot to handle! :)

Although I'm sure I'll be paranoid over anything and everything for the TWW I've just begun LOL.
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Hmmm .... good question.
    I had pretty intense "o pains" this month, and I swear felt more like my whole uterus rather than one side or the other.
    But when I conceived my daughter I was pretty darn sure that I had ovulated at 9:30am, on the right side. Much to my surprise, when I went for my first prenatal visit my doctor did a sonogram and started measuring all my internal parts. When I asked what he was doing he explained that he was measuring my ovaries to determine which one had produced the egg (apparently the producing ovary stays enlarged for quite some time). He confirmed ..... it was the right ovary. : )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    I had an ultrasound on Tuesday- one big follicle on the left side. Wednesday afternoon I felt the biggest O pains I have ever felt and it was definetly more from the left side but who knows??