Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Testing for Ovul.?

SweetbabySweetbaby Posts: 237
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So we use the Clear Blue O Moniter, it lets me know when to begin testing for O. I test 1st thing every morning about 7am. This morning I got 2 bars, so O is very close! Should I go get smileys to test during the day? And if so, what good would it do when I can only call clinic for IUI at 8am. Has any one used the CBmoniter only? If so when did you insem after your surge?
Just wondering...thanks for any help guys!
SWEETBABY
us.jpg

tt1bb251.aspx
fEKBm6.png

Comments

• Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    I would get the smileys. It is always a good thing to know when your exact LH surge is. And most get their surge in the afternoon. If the first few tries don't work out you could then use that info to see if you could get your RE to change up the timing some.

On the positive side, our midwife told us that most people ovulate in the morning and both of our successful cycles were a.m. inseminations.

Good Luck!!
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I would get the smiley's too...
    We did IUI 24hrs past +OPK at OB office...got a BFP! :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    I would definitely recommend smileys!! They take out all the guesswork and help keep the stress level down. You can get them on Ebay or Amazon quite a bit cheaper if you are interested. Good luck!!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    wylinzwylinz Posts: 358
    edited November -1
    Just a heads up; I've been ordering my smileys through amazon and I just got another shipment this week. This last shipment I got didn't come directl through amazon, so guess what? They expire in 2 months and they were totally squished. I never had this problem when I ordered them on amazon and they came directly from them.
    282014_531207640238873_1174511491_n.jpg
    TTC #5 IUI at RE 11/4, medicated cycle. Yay!!!!!! It's a BFP!!!!!
    Baby Hunter born in July 2012
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I would also get the smileys. With the CBEFM you only test once a day, so by using the smileys, you can better pinpoint when you get your surge, allowing you to time your IUI more accurately.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Hmmm... that stinks!! I always get mine on Ebay - a few tips for happy shopping...

(1) I always choose a seller in the US and who has no less than 99.9% customer rating
    (2) The top rated sellers will always tell you when they expire - generally if they are less than $8 they expire within a short amount of time.
    (3) I usually pay about $12.00 for 7 smileys and they have free shipping!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    SweetbabySweetbaby Posts: 237
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys, out to get smileys now! I will also order online for next cycle.(or pass along to someone who will need them;-)
    Wylinz - Thanks for the heads up.
    Flowergirl - I'll use your tips when shopping.
    SWEETBABY
    us.jpg

tt1bb251.aspx
    fEKBm6.png