Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Running in the TWW

TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
edited March 2011 in Trying to Conceive
I think this has been posted before and technically I know the answer to this but............
I started a couch to 5k running program 2 months ago. Ive lost 15 freaking pounds and really I love it.
Had my IUI Sunday at the RE office 24hrs after natural surge about 11am. Three follies... felt every blessed one of them pop between 1pm and 9pm OUCH.
My accupuncturist said NO JARRING MOVEMENTS, Ive been trying to take it easy but the prometrium is making me constipated and bloated. I broke down tonight and ran a few miles. Honestly made me feel a TON better. Even had to poop half way through which aleviated a ton of uncomfortableness off my belly.
Ive been trying to up the fiber and water, I eat a few prunes and I take my probiotic daily. Still had to take senekot yesterday! GRRRRR
Prometrium is the devil! Especially since I take it vaginally. Absorbs right where its supposed to but also near the intestines too, slowin em right down.

Any runners out there run right thru the TWW and into pregnancy?
54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png

Comments

• Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    No ....... but I'm TOTALLY pullin for ya!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    I started walking during the tww last time through. As soon as Af came I jogged again. But I will probably go to walking agin once I insem in about a week. From what I have read long walks are okay. Anybody hear differently?
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    I think there is conflicting information out- I hear everything from no exercise to do your normal routine. I go to the gym regularly and do cardio and weights and can't imagine giving it up. I am just going to tone it down alittle (especially weight lifting) and hit the eliptical more than running on the treadmill during this 2WW and pregnancy. I was running on and off with my first pregnancy with DD, and as long as I was feeling well I would go for short runs throughout my pregnancy and then walking fast when I got too big!

I would say that if it makes you feel relaxed and happy you should still run, just tone it down a little, maybe walk and run. And if you have access to a gym jump on the elliptical since that would be no jarring movements!! Good luck!!