Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

I want to try this month DW doesn't

A&BbabyboundA&Bbabybound Posts: 193
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Well we have done 4 ici with KD and did IUI with frozen last cycle and got BFN on all tries. After this last negative I made an appt to see an RE. My OB recommended we go but I wanted to keep trying up until our RE appt in May, DW does not. She said she hates to see the disappointment when we get the negative. She said it hurts to much to see me so upset so wants to see the RE, see what they have to say and do assisted IUI. I was hoping that we would keep trying at home up until May.

Wondered of anyone has been through this?

I understand she wants to wait and see what the diagnosis is but I don't want to waste time told her we could atleast try one vial each time. I did not order our baby batter this time but hoping to convince her that its best to keep trying. May sounds so far away!
Me (38) TTC
Wife of 6 years to Becky
Oct 2011 BFN
May 2012 BFN
July 2012 BF?
My Ovulation Chart

Comments

• Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    That is hard, but I hate to say it, I agree with DW. Unless you have unlimited funds, if that is the case than I would say keep trying. If that is not the case you should skip- it is really only 1-2 cycles max and the RE should be able to get you pregnant pretty quickly with assisted IUI and or help clear up any problems you may have. Can I ask, how old are you?
  • Options
    angelmommyangelmommy Posts: 282
    edited November -1
    My DH has said the same thing to me. Now I am scared to stop - because we did at home insems for almost a year in 2008 - then I moved to Las Vegas and he convinced me to "take a break" and find a doc. So I did - but the break ended up being 2.5 years! Life just started happening :( so now I just will keep going lol no matter what way I have to do it :)
    35 - PCOS/DH vasectomy
    Two wonderful boys - 15 and 10
    One beautiful DD in Heaven (10/29/97-9/16/98)
    One angel baby - m/c 10/2003
    TTC 9/2007-9/2008 - BFN's, March, April, June, July & Aug 2011 medicated - BFN
    Taking a mental health break until Oct.
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    It's such a difficult and personal decision. I think its really between you and your DW. You are on this journey together and being able to really listen to each other is critical.

I know for me it would end up coming down to money. If you have a lot then why not keep trying while you test.

Whatever you decide, best wishes to you.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks girls. I am 36, 37 next month. I know it's best to wait just hard. We could afford to try but one vial no more than that. Insurance does not cover the RE except diagnosis so maybe I should concentrate on saving for that :-)

Hugs all!
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    I understand what it is like wanting to try each month, however I have to agree with DP and say to wait. I would wait to have further testing done to make sure you are ovulating on your own and your tubes are opened. Save the money you would spend on a vial to have for an iui in the office.

I am 40 and have had 4 unsuccesful attepts at home and we are now going to an re. We would be inseminating this cycle, but we had a vacation planned to CA. We will be doing an HSG, some additional blood work for CD 2 or 3 then have ultrasounds done with clomid monitoring and a trigger shot done when told by the dr or nurse. Yes it might cost a little bit more, but in the long run it will be cheaper and get our BFP faster.

If all goes well we will be having an IUI in the office the later part of April, beginning of May.

In the meantime I'm focussing on my diet and health and can't wait for my next cycle.

I wish you and your DP the best of luck on your next attempt.
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    ncteacherncteacher Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    Well, I am in the same boat. :-) My RE did some bloodwork after our last round and determined that it was a chemical. He explored further and found that my thyroid was a bit off. I had no idea how much a proper thyroid level matters in TTC. I started meds, and now have to wait six weeks to make sure that everything is at the right level.

The waiting is pure torture, but if you have the option to make sure that everything is working as it should, I would do that...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is very hard but I understand where DW is coming from so I will sit and wait...BUT of course today I got a positive OPK and no baby batter to use :(

I have a hard time getting positives and of course of all months we are not trying I get a positive...go figure!
    Me (38) TTC
    Wife of 6 years to Becky
    Oct 2011 BFN
    May 2012 BFN
    July 2012 BF?
    My Ovulation Chart