Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Quick question!! HELP please from all of you experts!!

kandmckandmc Posts: 50
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok...so I thought we'd get a +OPK all weekend, didn't, then woke up this morning and my temperature plummeted and I felt kind of crampy like I was ovulating, but still no dark line! We've had our swimmers for a week now, and I "usually" ovulate on day 15-16. Oh...and today is day 15 of my cycle....

I will go home from work at noon and do another test, but I'm thinking no matter what we should AI this afternoon and again tonight...

Thoughts????????

Thank you!
DSC_0906.jpg

Comments

• Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    Just keep testing! If you don't normally ovulate until CD 15 or 16, then you sound like you are right on schedule or maybe a day delayed. Are you checking CP/CM also?
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    kandmckandmc Posts: 50
    edited November -1
    Yes...fairly decent CM so I'm thinking we'll go for it even without the dark lines....
    DSC_0906.jpg
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    I think you should go for it, at least your temp didn't spike!! If your cervix is open and good CM then sounds good. Can you do this afternoon and then early morning to give yourself a little more coverage in case you don't ovulate until tomorrow some time? Unless your cervix looks like it is closing, if that is the case the I agree with your plan of this afternoon and late tonight. Remember, as my RE reminded me, the egg does stick around for 12-24 hrs after O waiting to be fertilized. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Options
    mknbaby2mknbaby2 Posts: 405
    edited November -1
    I would do one for sure and keep testing to see if you get your +opk later. Then you can time from then or just do the second if your body tells you it's time! This happened to me this month and I got my BFP! Thought I wasn't going to get a positive, had o pains, Ewcm so we just did our first imsem and figured we would do the second one later that day but I kept testing. Then I got my +opk when I went to pee just before doing the second insem. DP actually just got out the vial and I started yelling put it back, put it back! She had already put the tie on the shipper so we were running around looking for the scissors or a knife!! LOL! We waited 24 hours then did our last imsem and I got pregnant when I thought we missed it!
    P1050420-1.jpg
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited March 2011
    My lined opks are NEVER dark. I test with both lined and smileys at time of surge and usually when I get my smiley I can kinda see that my lines are getting close, but it's never as dark or darker than the control line. BUT, I fall back on the smileys ...thank goodness I started using them, bc I would've thought I just wasn't surging.

BTW, when I get my smiley, it usually takes at least 10 mins or so for my lined opk to get darker. Then, I notice that the far left side of the test line is as dark as the control...but its a tiny sliver. I know some people say that it has to be just as dark or darker on at least half the line or something like that, but I speak from experience....whatever LH is in my urine just doesn't make those colors get as dark? And on the days leading up to surge, I don't get the tiny sliver of dark...so that's how I know it's actually a surge. Good luck...hope that helps!!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    peppyjdpeppyjd Posts: 114
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you should go for it! Some people will actually get a temperature DIP on the day of ovulation!
    DP to 2moms2be
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    You could be VERY close!!
    Sometimes I get a two-day dip (with O being on the second day).
    Either way ..... if you have EWCM, and you're using ICI, I say go for it!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    If your cervix is open, I would wait until you get a positive test.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png