Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

kind donor questions?

brittneybrittney Posts: 46
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
im in the tww now,and im already getting down and out.i have a bad habit of always thinking the worst.but if it does not work we have discussed asking someone to be a kind donor.but how do you ask ? its not like asking for some sugar lol.and should you get an attorney to pull up some legal documents for them to sign?this might sound silly but how do you do it ,have them go in the bathroom with a magazine and have him realease in a cup and then you take it derectly and pull up in a syrenge and well you get it.how long after he ejaculates do you have to have it in you ? i have baby on the mind 24/7 its driving me and my husband nuts lol .tryin to get all the imfo i can.please help

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    oh and std check ups do you go with them?silly but i have to ask
  • Options
    beyondobsessedbeyondobsessed Posts: 804
    edited November -1
    First of all, I think you might mean "known donor"? Unless maybe "kind donor" is a term I'm not aware of, which is possible, considering that it's not an option we have explored, nor will we be exploring.

I'm by no means an expert on any of this, but maybe I can help a little. Hopefully, some of the ladies who have gone the known donor route will chime in and correct me if I give you bad info!

--In terms of life span of sperm: I have *read* that as long as the ejaculate is still wet, there's a CHANCE that there could be viable sperm present, however, the numbers and quality greatly diminish after the 1st hour. So, obviously the sooner, the better.
    --I would think that collection of the sample would be similar to what he would do at a sperm bank? That's REALLY a question for the other ladies!!
    --Be sure your donor is free of STDs. And to really be SURE, you should have him tested now, then again in 6 months before you ever use him. And really, the only way that 6 month waiting period works is if he has absolutely no chance of exposure to STDs during that time period. As far as going with him: you probably should, and you should also probably see if he would be willing to share his medical info with you - especially his test results. I mean, if he's going to share his sperm with you, it's really no big stretch to share his test results! I would just want to make sure he really is negative.
    --You and your husband need to find out what the laws are in your state in regards to using a known donor. It would be a good idea to find an attorney who specializes in family law, or something along those lines. I definitely would NOT use a known donor unless you are absolutely sure that he will have no legal rights to your child.

I'm sure I've barely scratched the surface of the whole process of using a known donor, but hopefully this helps a little. Good luck! Maybe this cycle will be a success and you won't even have to worry about using a known donor!!
    squsqusrd20120522_-6_Our+Little+Man+is.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i feel stupid, yes a known donor lmao i cant quit giggling ,im a blonde and it shows lol,thank you for your help and understanding me