Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

confused and discouraged

ShyShy Posts: 133 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I went to my Dr. For assistance with TTC he gave me clomid 50mg and told me to take it day 5-9 and go in for blood work on day 20 or 21 to see if I ovulated. On day 12 I got my smiley and we insem that night and the following day.
I went in for my blood work as I was supposed to and my Dr.s office called and advised that I did not ovulate :(
I was so sure I did cause I got my smiley. I am still in the TWW (insemed on 3/12 and 3/13) but now I am confused is it possible to get a smiley and not ovulate?
Should I just come to terms that I won't get my BFP this go around?
I am 10 days away from AF and my test as of today have all been BFN.
Anyways they will be increasing my clomid to 100mg but I think I will wait a few cycles before I try again.
3Fi2m4.png

Comments

• Options
    TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
    edited November -1
    What was your progesterone?
    54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png
  • Options
    ShyShy Posts: 133 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They didn't say the nurse just called and said that I did not ovulate. Guess I should call and ask the exact levels
    3Fi2m4.png
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I would check the levels just to know - but it is possible to get a +OPK and not ovulate :( I would funk you would with the clonus, but I've never used it.
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    You don't necessariily ovulate when you get that little smiley face. Clomid helps to make the follicles bigger but doesn't guarantee ovulation.
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo